Holliday or Skenes. Who would you rather have?

LookinUp

Who would you rather have?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Holliday or Skenes?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/20/24 at 19:53

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I know you like to hammer SG at every given opportunity but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities.  SG is a lot of things, I don't believe he's a liar or just wanting to make something up to impress us.

Someone close to the team?   Pretty vague.    On a scale of 1-10 I would put a 0 on this reflecting something that Elias or Hyde might have said privately.    I would guess this is someone's opinion but isn't someone who speaks as a consensus for the organization.    Of course, with anonymous sources without even what was said we'll never know.   

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Someone close to the team?   Pretty vague.    On a scale of 1-10 I would put a 0 on this reflecting something that Elias or Hyde might have said privately.    I would guess this is someone's opinion but isn't someone who speaks as a consensus for the organization.    Of course, with anonymous sources without even what was said we'll never know.   

Well okay.

20 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I know you like to hammer SG at every given opportunity but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities.  SG is a lot of things, I don't believe he's a liar or just wanting to make something up to impress us.

Troll going to troll.  Been on ignore for a year and he’s still obsessed with saying stuff.  He should seek help.

But yea, I’m not lying.  I really could give 2 sh!ts if someone believes me.  

• Upvote 1

Well it's not like it's a hot take that someone in the org would say they love Holliday and think he has huge upside. I'm sure they love him. It was the right pick in that draft where everyone thought there were 5 equal guys. They nailed it. 

7 minutes ago, interloper said:

Well it's not like it's a hot take that someone in the org would say they love Holliday and think he has huge upside. I'm sure they love him. It was the right pick in that draft where everyone thought there were 5 equal guys. They nailed it. 

Look at where Holliday is at 20 and where Gunnar was at the same age.  Look at draft position.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Look at where Holliday is at 20 and where Gunnar was at the same age.  Look at draft position.

This logic is just as dumb as the logic where you say Holliday should be the SS because he was drafted 1:1 as a SS.   Holliday might have more upside but I think that's entirely tied into his hitting ability.   Henderson is probably the better overall athlete (bigger/stronger/maybe faster/) but Holliday seems like he might be the better hitter in the long run.   

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Nobody doubts that Holliday is more advanced than Gunnar was at the same age.  The issue is only who has more upside.  I think Gunnar’s draft position was more about risk than upside.  A lot of that risk has now evaporated and yet there’s still plenty of upside there.  

Again, I’m not arguing who has more upside.   They both have a lot of upside and I think either opinion would be reasonable at this point.   And, I’m excited to have both of them in our lineup, plus Adley.  That’s ridiculous.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Troll going to troll.  Been on ignore for a year and he’s still obsessed with saying stuff.  He should seek help.

But yea, I’m not lying.  I really could give 2 sh!ts if someone believes me.  

What's important not to get lost here is that they're likely not disparaging Gunnar.

They're just saying Holliday is one of "THOSE."

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

What's important not to get lost here is that they're likely not disparaging Gunnar.

They're just saying Holliday is one of "THOSE."

There's nothing wrong with having the opinion that Holliday has a higher ceiling.   The real question is who are "they"?    It was conveyed as the opinion of "the Orioles".  It was then said that someone close to the team told him this.   Do we think that Matt Blood and Mike Elias openly discuss which players have higher ceilings?    Sounds exaggerated or entirely bogus to me.