It's done - We have new owners! - Press conference right now on masn Orioles YouTube channel

spleen1015

Just now, Going Underground said:

Maybe also put some money into MASN.

I was coming here to post this. I am sure they have plans to put money in a lot of things. On opening day, hours after taking over as owners, this is probably the coolest thing they could money into, the fans. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Maybe also put some money into MASN.

Very cool.  Couple this with the great video from a few days ago and at the very least, it looks like Rubenstein has a PR person/firm with a clue. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

Simply put, this guy does not need to make money off his baseball team.  He’s got gobs of money, his main business is very profitable, and he’s 74 years old.  He’s in it to win it and leave a legacy.  And, he seems smart enough to let Elias do his thing.  

Hopefully “Elias’ thing” under this owner includes extensions and meaningful adds through trades and FA.

Im just extremely happy to hear Rubenstein set real championship expectations l.

Watching the press conference the other day has a totally different feel than any press conference the Orioles have held in about 30 years.  Rubes seems like a genuinely enthusiastic fan of the O's and Baltimore in general.  Really refreshing.  Let's go O's!

3 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Hopefully “Elias’ thing” under this owner includes extensions and meaningful adds through trades and FA.

Im just extremely happy to hear Rubenstein set real championship expectations l.

After years of listening to ownership limit expectations, I'm not quite sure how to react at the moment.

2 minutes ago, 24fps said:

After years of listening to ownership limit expectations, I'm not quite sure how to react at the moment.

I'm hopeful that this owner will let Elias to continue to do "his thing".  I'm also hopeful that he gives him a budget and basically stays out of the way.

Edited by clapdiddy

1 minute ago, clapdiddy said:

I'm hopeful that this owner will let Elias to continue to do "his thing".  I'm also hopeful that he gives him a budget and basically stays out of the way.

Seconded.