2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

7 minutes ago, EdwinRip said:

The Orioles are coming up with every excuse not to play Cowser….oh wait reverse splits for a righty….oh no, hays and mountcastle hit a righty well in a small sample.  A good team needs to rotate players and not play 1-2 war players everyday.

Did the Orioles talk about reverse splits when not playing him the other day ?

This is getting frustrating... let the kid play 

• Cowers RF > Santander RF
  • Santander DH > O'Hearn DH

Cower is an upgrade defensively over Tony Taters and Hays is hitting only .182.  Either way, either one of Hays and Santander can be switched with Cowser.  Tony can always DH if you want a LHH in the DH role.  Hays and O'Hearn are solid bats coming off the bench.

Let the damn kid play.

7 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Very odd. Cowser needs some reps.  I have no explanation.  

Same thing happened to Stowers last year. It's still early and not the end of times but we've seen this before.

I guess they know better than we do. 

17 minutes ago, EdwinRip said:

The Orioles are coming up with every excuse not to play Cowser….oh wait reverse splits for a righty….oh no, hays and mountcastle hit a righty well in a small sample.  A good team needs to rotate players and not play 1-2 war players everyday.

And I guess that means we are not a good team.

Cowser had a great spring. That only means so much but what it does mean is that he is likely seeing the ball well and has confidence.

So how do You capitalize on that, when you are “trying to win every game”…you don’t play him.  It’s nonsensical.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Anyone who thinks Cowser is just going to magically start finding starts, is kidding themselves.  This is Kyle Stowers treatment Version 2.0. 

It will take an injury (most likely path) or trade of other key personnel (unlikely). 

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Cowser had a great spring. That only means so much but what it does mean is that he is likely seeing the ball well and has confidence.

So how do You capitalize on that, when you are “trying to win every game”…you don’t play him.  It’s nonsensical.

This is why I was saying that he should've been in a trade for Cease.  However, we will need Cowser next year as we might not bring back Hays, Mullins, Santa, and O'Hearn.  I doubt all of them, but this is probably a year to let Cowser be a 4th OF before he takes over for Santa next year.  

We'll start resting guys and Cowser will be a de facto starting OF once we get deeper into this season. 

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

Hays was an ASG starter and did finish 2nd in AL LF GG.  

I like Hays, nothing against him really. I just thing the O's are a bit stuck in thinking that no one else is able to play LF at home. It's big out there, but Cowser is more than capable. 

Anyway, it's not a huge deal to me really. 

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

I like Hays, nothing against him really. I just thing the O's are a bit stuck in thinking that no one else is able to play LF at home. It's big out there, but Cowser is more than capable. 

Anyway, it's not a huge deal to me really. 

I don't think Cowser is up against Hays or even Santander for starts.  Those guys are entrenched. 

It would come at the expense of O'Hearn with Santander moving to DH.  But Hyde/Elias won't sit O'Hearn unless he really struggles for an extended period of time.  40, 50 games. 

14 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

You know he finished the spring 3 for 23, right?

This whole “nonsensical” shtick is growing old.  You disagree?  Fine.  The O’s process for choosing lineups is extremely thorough and far from nonsensical.   

• Upvote 2

I can’t believe any other team in baseball would not start a top prospect in 1 of the first 4 games of the season with mediocre players in front of him.  They should have just put McKenna or a strictly defensive minded player as the extra outfielder if this was their plan.

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You know he finished the spring 3 for 23, right?

This whole “nonsensical” shtick is growing old.  You disagree?  Fine.  The O’s process for choosing lineups is extremely thorough and far from nonsensical.   

Thank you cindyluvseverythingtheOsdo.