Gunnar Henderson 2024

1 hour ago, LGOrioles said:

His numbers coming into tonight certainly showed he was better against off speed and breaking stuff, but last year he was best against fastballs. Good adjustment by him this year and hopefully his success last year against heaters is a good sign if pitchers start adjusting back. 

This, he's already proven he can catch up to anyone's fastball. It's always a game of adjustments back and forth.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

They are putting an asterisk on that because he played 3 games in March and homered in one. With more games being played the consensus is, that it isn't as impressive, but whatever, the kid is great.

I have gone back to this video many times over the last four years.  At first just as a kid before Christmas and playing with the wrapped boxes and picking them up and shaking them dreaming what I would get.  Now I go back to watching it to look at the amazing changes Gunnar has gone through.  Since Eddie and Cal only Mussina and Machado looked this special.  If this kid stays healthy he should put up numbers to be in the Hall of Fame by the time he is 30.  Much like Trout did.  

4 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

I have gone back to this video many times over the last four years.  At first just as a kid before Christmas and playing with the wrapped boxes and picking them up and shaking them dreaming what I would get.  Now I go back to watching it to look at the amazing changes Gunnar has gone through.  Since Eddie and Cal only Mussina and Machado looked this special.  If this kid stays healthy he should put up numbers to be in the Hall of Fame by the time he is 30.  Much like Trout did.  

Baby Gunnar is a sight to behold. 

On 4/30/2024 at 4:23 PM, Malike said:

They are putting an asterisk on that because he played 3 games in March and homered in one. With more games being played the consensus is, that it isn't as impressive, but whatever, the kid is great.

The 1954 baseball season started on April 13.  From the time I can remember it was always around April 5 until the last 10 or 20 years.   So yeah, Gunnar playing in 29 games by the end of May is a lot more than the 15-22 that most guys played up until fairly recently.  Context.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, interloper said:

Baby Gunnar is a sight to behold. 

I'm glad he's matured into a great teammate that seems to get along with everyone.  That's not exactly the environment he had around him growing up.

6 minutes ago, yark14 said:

I'm glad he's matured into a great teammate that seems to get along with everyone.  That's not exactly the environment he had around him growing up.

What are you referring to out of curiosity?

35 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

The 1954 baseball season started on April 13.  From the time I can remember it was always around April 5 until the last 10 or 20 years.   So yeah, Gunnar playing in 29 games by the end of May is a lot more than the 15-22 that most guys played up until fairly recently.  Context.

I never gave an opinion on it, it was just what all the talking heads made sure to point out the following day.

56 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

What a treat this is to watch. Thanks for sharing it!