Gunnar Henderson 2024

I know Gunnar has killed it lately against lefties, but him hitting lefties still has to remain a bit of a concern. That said, he might be my favorite Oriole to watch ever given his combo of talent and grit.  And I have been watching since the 70s. 

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

I'm wondering when they are going to stop throwing him breaking balls and challenge him with fastballs. His OPS is not good against power, he's crushing breaking balls. Just give him the smoke.

Power stuff up in the zone is the only weakness that I see. That is the case with Mike Trout too. And he is a no doubt about it HOFer.

11 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Youngest player in MLB history with 10 HR by May 1st. 

I was surprised Trout, Mantle, or Teddy Ballgame hadn't done that.

If Gunnar keeps playing the way he is so far, this season will be right in line with the peak years of those legends.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Malike said:

I'm wondering when they are going to stop throwing him breaking balls and challenge him with fastballs. His OPS is not good against power, he's crushing breaking balls. Just give him the smoke.

His numbers coming into tonight certainly showed he was better against off speed and breaking stuff, but last year he was best against fastballs. Good adjustment by him this year and hopefully his success last year against heaters is a good sign if pitchers start adjusting back. 

• Upvote 2