Cedric Mullins 2024

DirtyBird

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

His numbers are taking a hit from playing against LHP. He still plays a GG CF. Defense and speed don’t slump. 

He's not hitting anybody right or left. I like his defense for sure.

I’d enjoy it if someone would bump this every time Cedric goes hot or cold over a 162-game season and declare victory!   

We’re 20% of the way through the season.  He’ll probably go hot and cold at least 10 more times.  

• Upvote 1

When will Cedric bottom out and get hot again?   Will he get hot again?   OPS down to .616.  Average down to .193.   Tons of pop ups and weak contact.   @DirtyBird is feeling his oats right now.   Let’s go Cedric!

@Frobby  Here’s the bump.  How much more can you take?

he has a track record of success. The team has one of the best records in baseball.  it has been excellent. And the odds are that he won’t be hitting nearly 200 the entire year so, hopefully he gets hot when some other guys get cold.

1 minute ago, baltfan said:

he has a track record of success. The team has one of the best records in baseball.  it has been excellent. And the odds are that he won’t be hitting nearly 200 the entire year so, hopefully he gets hot when some other guys get cold.

Hays had a track record of success too and lost time to Cowser before he got hurt.   When Hays comes back, do you at least start platooning Mullins with Hays?   Rock bottom for Mullins might be losing playing time.  Seems like he needs to rethink what is obviously not working right now.   

He’s batting ninth for the most part. It’s fine to stash him down there while he plays excellent defense and gets it together. We don’t have a better all around option for center anyways. 

The Phillies have one of the best offenses in the league. They have Rojas batting ninth with a .634 OPS because he stabilizes their OF defense. 

The Dodgers have Outman batting ninth. His OPS is .534.

EVERY team has players that are struggling at any given time. We don’t have to call for a benching every time it happens. 

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Hays had a track record of success too and lost time to Cowser before he got hurt.   When Hays comes back, do you at least start platooning Mullins with Hays?   Rock bottom for Mullins might be losing playing time.  Seems like he needs to rethink what is obviously not working right now.   

If there were a Colton Cowser equivalent replacement for Cedric, this argument would have a little bit more traction

3 minutes ago, baltfan said:

If there were a Colton Cowser equivalent replacement for Cedric, this argument would have a little bit more traction

I doubt he’s going to be replaced.   They’d have to go Cowser in CF and Hays in LF, assuming Hays hits.   I’m just talking about a platoon for now.

1 hour ago, Fiver6565 said:

He’s batting ninth for the most part. It’s fine to stash him down there while he plays excellent defense and gets it together. We don’t have a better all around option for center anyways. 

The Phillies have one of the best offenses in the league. They have Rojas batting ninth with a .634 OPS because he stabilizes their OF defense. 

The Dodgers have Outman batting ninth. His OPS is .534.

EVERY team has players that are struggling at any given time. We don’t have to call for a benching every time it happens. 

He's batted 9th 3 times.  I believe all of which were against left handed pitchers.  Most often he's batted 6th (16 times) or 7th (11 times).  

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

The fact that he can’t square up a fastball he’d normally be able to get to is a bit concerning. I’m not sure if that’s something a couple days off could cure or not but I don’t think it could hurt. 

He was squaring them up a month ago. I don't think the ability is gone for good. His timing looks off and he's under almost every fastball resulting in popups.