Cedric Mullins 2024

DirtyBird

19 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Someone said the other day he’s just another guy and should be cut. 

@Moose Milligan as a long time vet of this board, you gotta know that the better the Orioles get and the more relevant that they become, we are going to have people show up on this board who are either a) trolls b) bandwagon fans c) not that knowledgeable 

I’ve noticed more and more people showing up and saying crazy things that don’t make sense. I guess it comes with the territory of having a great team.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Imagine having the thought that a baseball team like this could be dead so early in the season when they’re on pace to win as many games as they did last year. 

Yeah, but if they lose their next two they’re on a pace for 90 wins, maybe out of the wildcard, and practically dead again.  Nailed it!

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

@Moose Milligan as a long time vet of this board, you gotta know that the better the Orioles get and the more relevant that they become, we are going to have people show up on this board who are either a) trolls b) bandwagon fans c) not that knowledgeable 

I’ve noticed more and more people showing up and saying crazy things that don’t make sense. I guess it comes with the territory of having a great team.

I’d like this but I’m out of rep. 

You’re not wrong. But this is a great place to learn, too. Coming in with scorching hot takes and not knowing how to back up an argument isn’t a great way to make friends here. 

IMO, it’s a place for knowledgeable fans and people who want to learn. It’s not Facebook or something. 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Imagine having the thought that a baseball team like this could be dead so early in the season when they’re on pace to win as many games as they did last year. 

I think some people just find whatever they can negative to either get attention, or to shield themselves against disappointment. I don’t really get the point of following the team if all you want to do is crap all over the players all the time, moan and groan about every loss, etc. It’s baseball. It’s entertaining as hell with this team. Enjoy the ride folks!

6 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

It's only somewhat relevant to this post, but that game saving catch in Seattle, and the subsequent game winning home run is quite possibly the most impressive thing I ever saw within one inning of  each other.Cedric Mullins did that. I watched Willie Mays for most of my life...I simply dont think he ever did that...certainly not in extra innings and so close those moments were together.

And I’m pretty sure he was on the bench most of that game. Came on in the 7th or 8th as I recall.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Some fans won’t be happy unless every pitcher has an ERA 2.50 or better, every hitter has a .900 OPS or better, the team wins 140 games, and every home game is a sellout. 

2 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Some fans won’t be happy unless every pitcher has an ERA 2.50 or better, every hitter has a .900 OPS or better, the team wins 140 games, and every home game is a sellout. 

2.50 ERA?  How the hell are we going to beat anyone in the playoffs if we don't have at least 7 guys lower than that?  Are you crazy?  🥸