Cedric Mullins 2024

DirtyBird

28 minutes ago, Frobby said:

But he’s not a good baseball player anymore.  Didn’t you read the OP?   It was all decided in the first 3 games of the year.  I’m not even sure why Mulllins is still here.  

If he stays healthy, I believe Mullins will be a 3-4 WAR player this season.

• Upvote 1

Anyone think now that Ced’s timing is back and he has gotten it going offensively, that Hyde may consider putting him back at the top of the order?

I would much rather Gunnar get more ABs with men on base. Maybe Mullins 1, Adley 2, and Gunnar 3? Especially against righties.

1 hour ago, Bemorewins said:

Anyone think now that Ced’s timing is back and he has gotten it going offensively, that Hyde may consider putting him back at the top of the order?

I would much rather Gunnar get more ABs with men on base. Maybe Mullins 1, Adley 2, and Gunnar 3? Especially against righties.

It’s definitely possible.  He needs to continue to hit 

39 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

If you assume that Cedric plays 150 games, he’s on pace for 7 rWAR and 6 fWAR. 

This stuff is so silly.  Six days ago he had an OPS of .560.  Now it’s .827.   The stats are just all over the place this time of year.   I’m glad Cedric has heated up for now.  That should keep the people who had shoveled dirt on him at bay.  They can spend their time foolishly shoveling dirt on Santander instead.  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Frobby said:

This stuff is so silly.  Six days ago he had an OPS of .560.  Now it’s .827.   The stats are just all over the place this time of year.   I’m glad Cedric has heated up for now.  That should keep the people who had shoveled dirt on him at bay.  They can spend their time foolishly shoveling dirt on Santander instead.  

If there were ever a good month to take a break from the board, April is it. So much chicken-littling. 

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Mullins went to the bench for a couple games, even though he is at least the best defensive CF on the team.

Santander has started every game is right behind Gunnar in plate appearances, simply because he can be bad from both sides of the plate.

3 minutes ago, dystopia said:

If there were ever a good month to take a break from the board, April is it. So much chicken-littling. 

Chicken littling happens to be a 12 month sport.

5 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Mullins went to the bench for a couple games, even though he is at least the best defensive CF on the team.

Santander has started every game is right behind Gunnar in plate appearances, simply because he can be bad from both sides of the plate.

I have nothing against Santander sitting for a day, or even two.  But at the end of the year, his numbers are likely to be similar to the last three years.  I’ll leave the rest of my thoughts on him for the Santander thread.  

Fangraphs CF has him 3rd in MLB this morning, which about splits the difference of his 2nd in 2021 and 6th in 2022.    He had an injury blemished 2023.

You can perhaps count on one hand the CF who are better than him...Julio, Judge, Trout, Carroll, Harris.

Go get the Nimmo contract, Cedric!

I believe he hits well enough he's going to give a Club some good LF years when the CF legs are gone.

• Upvote 1