The bottom line is this. Management is placing $ over wins as far as importance this year

7 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Well that is 2 or 3 games that the O's have lost with players like Hays, Mateo and Urias playing.  Who are total black holes at the plate.  2 or 3 losses in only 9 games mind you. Just gave the wins away. 

Extrapolate that over a full season and that is a lot of losses playing players that are no where near as good as what is at AAA. 

Famously the best way to strategize for baseball is to take one April series and extrapolate it to the full season. That's why last year Jorge Mateo won MVP and Gunnar Henderson was sent back to AAA until another cup of coffee in September. Right? 

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Famously the best way to strategize for baseball is to take one April series and extrapolate it to the full season. That's why last year Jorge Mateo won MVP and Gunnar Henderson was sent back to AAA until another cup of coffee in September. Right? 

There you go MM.  You want one?  Here is one.

As I have said many times now.  Guys like Mateo and kemp and Urias and Hayes are JAGS.  They have a proven track record of being average to below average players for many years in the major leagues.  By no MEANS WHATSOEVER are they going to be part of an O's winning future....if they have one. 

Guys like Heston and Holliday and Mayo and Stowers?  They are going to be part of an O's winning future...if they have one.  And not only that, but they are all doing very well in AAA.  So well in fact that almost any other team in baseball would have them playing on the major league team NOW.  TODAY.  Especially when every win is crucial due to the difficulty of the AL East.

But nope.  Guys like you support....as I said in the OP.....saving some service time (IE $$$$) 5 years from now WHEN WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WILL HAPPEN....compared to trying to get every win and a WS win THIS YEAR.

I get it you are a conservative guy.   You should be a librarian. 

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

19 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Dude, you're the one dealing in hyperbole.  And showboating your wife around and talking about your stupid bowling scores and your Al Bundy-like sports career tends to make things about you.  So go on, tell us how you scored four touchdowns playing for Polk High.

You're also the one dealing in feels, not facts.

You should also notice that practically no one on this board is ranting and raving to keep Tony Kemp on the roster, same with Urias and the others.  You're making a strawman argument and it's boneheaded and obnoxious.  Literally NO ONE is arguing against your point, we're all just pointing out how unpleasant and obtuse you are.

Dude, he tried to trade a $200 bowling ball for a $10 Eddie Murray auto. Cut him some slack. He’s a super fan!

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I am not your errand boy.

If you care so much?  You go look them up.  They are not hard to find.

Yes you are. Get your shoebox. 

Onus is on you. You make the claims, you provide the evidence. 

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Evidence?   Are you kidding me?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

LOL I give you credit for using a Goodfella's quote.

As far as claims?  Not sure what you mean.  I have already posted pics of myself and my wife......which is more than 99% of what people on here do.

Tell ya what.  Post a pic of yourself and I will go bother to look up all the posters who are fine with the current MLB roster.

30 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Dude, he tried to trade a $200 bowling ball for a $10 Eddie Murray auto. Cut him some slack. He’s a super fan!

I find it amusing how people like you completely exaggerate anything I say...which most of the time was proving an exaggerated accusation against me from people like you wrong. 

It is called BIAS.   Look it up.

3 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

LOL I give you credit for using a Goodfella's quote.

As far as claims?  Not sure what you mean.  I have already posted pics of myself and my wife......which is more than 99% of what people on here do.

Tell ya what.  Post a pic of yourself and I will go bother to look up all the posters who are fine with the current MLB roster.

Dude I do not give a Frenchman’s flip about you or your wife. That’s not what I’m talking about.

Here’s a pic of me:

image.thumb.jpeg.ebee1855d32f9c50319e939a872e7b1a.jpeg

Happy hunting. 

Edited by Moose Milligan

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Is that meant to be an insult?

How bizarre. 

No.  Lots of good people are librarians. 

Just different strokes for different folks.

Why would you take  it that way?

How bizarre. 

Still waiting for an apology from you about my wife.....which will never happen.   Of course.

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Dude I do not give a Frenchman’s flip about you or your wife. That’s not what I’m talking about.

Here’s a pic of me:

image.thumb.jpeg.ebee1855d32f9c50319e939a872e7b1a.jpeg

Happy hunting. 

Here is almost an indisputable fact I have found about the internet and social media over the years.

Those that are proud and happy about how they look?  Or what they have done and accomplished?  And have nothing to hide?

Are fine posting their pics and at least a limited amount of info about themselves.  For example Elon, podcasters, social media influencer's, celebs, athletes, etc.

It is people such as yourself who for some reason FIND IT SO OFFENSIVE to post even a pic of yourself.  Let alone anything about your history.

Do you know why?  Because 99% of the time people such as yourself, who are hyper critical of everyone on the internet and social media, but who offer nothing about themselves?

In other words people who live in glass houses?

Have nothing to be proud of. You either are fat.  Ugly.  Broke.  In debt.  Or living in your moms basement.

In fact the reason why guys like you are on the internet so much is because you have nothing else going on in your life. 

Fact.

Edited by OnlyOneOriole
  • Haha 1