Seth Johnson 2024

oriolediehard

Just now, oriolediehard said:

What is the status on Seth Johnson being a help on the 2024 O's being a starter or bullpen piece?

He hasn’t pitched above A+ except for one 3-inning outing in Bowie at the end of the year.  I do not expect to see him in the majors this year, though it’s his second season on the 40-man roster so it’s possible he could be called up to relieve in a pinch.   I’d expect him to start the year in AA and move to AAA midway through the year if his performance warrants it.  

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I'm shocked his arm hasn't detached from his body pitching that quickly.
    • Herein lies the issue. How can you expect anyone to look good when you give the guy 1 AB in a week. If he goes 0-4 it's used as a reason to send him down (just like Stowers last year). "He's not ready"... He's overmatched at the big league level"...
    • Just no. Why? Do you want Soto injured? If that isn't it why? Soto is already getting it on social media for pimping during a loss. You think he's going to learn his lesson and stop acting out? There is no room in the game for intentionally trying to hurt other players. Stupid crap like that is all risk and no reward.  
    • My favorite thing about Keegan Akin is that he routinely throws his pitches with about 8 second left on the pitch timer.
    • This dude is washed.  Not because of talent - we've seen this  month he's got plenty of that left.  But the guy is never going to be on the field long enough to show it again, that much seems clear. Is his HOF candidacy already assured, or no?  If not its going to get dicey as to whether he's even a HOFer now, which is pretty shocking.
    • I want to be clear that I'm thrilled the guy is here. I know it's impossible to have conflicting opinions on the same topic these days, but it does happen. I think I can be excited about DR as well as skeptical until we see what he accomplishes. Seems like a reasonable position to have to me. I've been called both a pollyanna on this board as well as a negative nancy. Interesting.  For me, when these social media posts come out, it only serves to remind me that nothing has really been done yet that we know of. So it reminds me, oh right, what's he working on right now? According to his broadcast booth appearance earlier in the year, we know he wants to work on MASN, the ground lease, and the stadium renovations. Wonderful. Can we get an update?  That update would be words, not actions, and I get that that contradicts my "actions speak louder" thing. You got me there I guess. But something more in line with an official statement from DR on work being done would suffice as "action" for me right now.   
    • Webb has been pitching really well this year but I’ve been down on him because his velo disappeared. After being 95 mph his whole career he’s been 92 all season. Then seemingly overnight, last night he was back to 94/95, and not coincidentally was dominant.  I don’t know if it was physical or mechanical or what, but Webb with a plus fastball and change and solid sweeper is a very nice pitch mix, and if he carries the improved command with with the return of his velo then he could have a solid year.  Also, Keegan Akin has been dominant. Even with the numbers game and having an option remaining, I don’t see him being sent down.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now