Adley Rutschman 2024

joelala

Adleys BABIP is .369.  He might be making better contact but he probably leads the team in dunkers too.

It’s funny.  His throws to 3B are usually right on the money.  At 2B I’ve never seen a catcher pull as many throws to the SS side of 2B.   I thought he made one really good throw and another good throw to 2B last night.  It didn’t make a difference.   Those were on Burnes.

7 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

I’ve officially started to worry about his throwing game.  A good portion of his throws aren’t even remotely close.  

I'm not worried at all.

He's not going anywhere and his overall game is fabulous.

Best player in the game at his position and folks are picking apart his game.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not worried at all.

I don’t care how good a player is, we’re still going to point out his flaws.  And I don’t think you really have a problem with that, do you?  I don’t see anyone saying “trade Adley, his throws to 2B are weak.”   It’s just an area of his game I’d like to see improve. 

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not worried at all.

He’s my favorite player and he’s fabulous.  I’m just starting to give up hope he can be above average in the running game.  Nothing wrong with that.  He could still improve, but it does seem other teams are increasingly taking advantage of him on the base paths.  

Just now, Frobby said:

I don’t care how good a player is, we’re still going to point out his flaws.  And I don’t think you really have a problem with that, do you?  I don’t see anyone saying “trade Adley, his throws to 2B are weak.”   It’s just an area of his game I’d like to see improve. 

I just don't see the point in continually harping on it.

1 minute ago, emmett16 said:

He’s my favorite player and he’s fabulous.  I’m just starting to give up hope he can be above average in the running game.  Nothing wrong with that.  He could still improve, but it does seem other teams are increasingly taking advantage of him on the base paths.  

And in the grand scheme of things it isn't all that damaging.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

And in the grand scheme of things it isn't all that damaging.

Maybe it isn’t all that damaging in the “grand scheme of things.”  But last night, two of the three runs scored on singles immediately following a stolen base.  So the stolen bases were very important last night.  If there was ever a night to “harp on it,” that was the night.   (BTW, I’m not saying those steals were entirely on Adley.)  

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Maybe it isn’t all that damaging in the “grand scheme of things.”  But last night, two of the three runs scored on singles immediately following a stolen base.  So the stolen bases were very important last night.  If there was ever a night to “harp on it,” that was the night.   (BTW, I’m not saying those steals were entirely on Adley.)  

And they lost by three.

If we are being super simplistic about it, the stolen bases didn't factor into the decision.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

And they lost by three.

If we are being super simplistic about it, the stolen bases didn't factor into the decision.

That’s not how I see it.  You’re in a 1-0 game, the strategy is different than 3-0.   For example, Cedric had a one-out single in the 8th inning, down 3-0.  There was no reason for him to attempt a steal then, but if it’s 1-0, maybe he does try it.  

Anyway, I don’t want to take this too far off track.  I just wish Adley was throwing a little better.   

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

That’s not how I see it.  You’re in a 1-0 game, the strategy is different than 3-0.   For example, Cedric had a one-out single in the 8th inning, down 3-0.  There was no reason for him to attempt a steal then, but if it’s 1-0, maybe he does try it.  

Anyway, I don’t want to take this too far off track.  I just wish Adley was throwing a little better.   

Yea, we all wish that.

I also wish everyone else was doing better in every aspect of their game.

We want the players on our team to excel.

Who’s harping on Adley’s throwing?   Seems like a subject that comes up from time to time but not very often.

Harping on something would be constantly pointing out  that Connor Norby and Kyle Stowers are being deprived of a ML opportunity by being kept in Norfolk.   LOL

harp

verb

gerund or present participle: harping

talk or write persistently and tediously on (a particular topic).

2. See Can_of_Corn’s posts on Orioles Hangout

😀

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

harp

verb

gerund or present participle: harping

talk or write persistently and tediously on (a particular topic).

2. See Can_of_Corn’s posts on Orioles Hangout

😀

Pretty sad you can't even get the name right.

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Right..I get it, he’s rushing, etc…but teams aren’t just running on the pitcher..they are running on Adley and the throws aren’t good. 

Just because we really like the guy doesn’t mean he can’t be critiqued and the throwing just isn’t good.

It's pretty clear that Rutschman's throwing is not a positive for him.

image.png.0fa4b7de533472b2ea9f34f529b0fc81.png

Pretty amazing how good pop times have gotten when a 1.97 is 33 percentile.

Accuracy, as @Frobby pointed out has never been his strength.

image.thumb.png.6a03cd020da15735abc642271767f68c.png

His throwing has slowly gotten worse.

• Upvote 2