Tyler Wells goes on IL with right elbow inflammation. Update: Albert Suarez will start today's 1pm start.

DirtyBird

1 minute ago, dystopia said:

I know we're all conditioned to expect the worst with pitchers these days, but "done for the year" seems like an irrational thought to have for elbow inflammation. Until I see the letters "UCL" I'm not overly concerned. I'm not expecting Wells back soon though and Irvin is going to be in the rotation for the long haul, much to the chagrin of many on here.

Hopefully he gets it together; I think he will. 

I hope SG is wrong but I wouldn’t say it’s irrational.

12 minutes ago, dystopia said:

I know we're all conditioned to expect the worst with pitchers these days, but "done for the year" seems like an irrational thought to have for elbow inflammation. Until I see the letters "UCL" I'm not overly concerned. I'm not expecting Wells back soon though and Irvin is going to be in the rotation for the long haul, much to the chagrin of many on here.

Hopefully he gets it together; I think he will. 

Thanks for the input.

11 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

I hope SG is wrong but I wouldn’t say it’s irrational.

And to be clear, I’m not saying nor am I predicting that he’s done for the year.

Just that it was an initial thought that crossed my mind. 

• Upvote 1

If Wells comes back, stick him in the pen. He's better there and he's fragile as it is. 

Cade Povich could definitely use some more seasoning but is our best option from within. ME may need to make a trade here soon...

2 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

I’d rather see Suarez.

Zimmerman pitched on the 11th and Suarez on the 12th.

If they go with Suarez would have to be committed to giving him a shot until Means is back. I doubt they want to burn him for just one start. 

If they go that direction that’s fine. Just other things to think about.