Albert Suarez 2024

Tony-OH

18 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

When will he pitch again?

Do you expect someone to know for sure?  He was warming up tonight.   Most likely tomorrow.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Do you expect someone to know for sure?  He was warming up tonight.   Most likely tomorrow.

It’s not a dumb question. People should be able to rely on this community for information. Sometimes life happens and you can’t scour X/twitter. 

28 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

More of a rhetorical question. I don't think he has pitched since going into the pen. 

He hasn’t, but since he threw 5.2 last Sunday, I wouldn’t have expected to see him until Friday.  My guess is they want to use him for long relief or a low leverage situation for the time being, and one hasn’t arisen the last two nights.  

54 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

It’s not a dumb question. People should be able to rely on this community for information. Sometimes life happens and you can’t scour X/twitter. 

It’s a question that can’t be answered definitively.   When will Baumann pitch again?  Maybe today.  Maybe Tuesday.   How many innings will Kremer pitch today?   How many runs ahead or behind will the Orioles be ahead in the 6th inning?   Does Hyde plan to use Suarez as the first reliever if Kremer gets tired or knocked out before completing 6?    I maybe Kremer goes 7 and Akin and Webb are used in the 8th and 9th.

It’s a question that can’t be answered.  Probably today but maybe not.

9 hours ago, Bemorewins said:

I would rather try him as a high leverage reliever than to continue to rely on Kimbrel.

I would rather see how he can handle being a low leverage reliever before trying him as high leverage reliever

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

When will he pitch again?

I am sure they held him back tonight just in case Means struggled and he had to be the long man.  Can’t imagine they don’t try to get him work today. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, baltfan said:

I am sure they held him back tonight just in case Means struggled and he had to be the long man.  Can’t imagine they don’t try to get him work today. 

Good point. They really don't have a long man in the pen otherwise

Cano and Kimbrel are both not going to be available today, so I think there’s a good chance Suarez is the first righty out of the pen regardless of score and Webb is the righty option in a closer by committee situation. Baumann also hasn’t pitched much, though.

44 minutes ago, CaptainRedbeard said:

Cano and Kimbrel are both not going to be available today, so I think there’s a good chance Suarez is the first righty out of the pen regardless of score and Webb is the righty option in a closer by committee situation. Baumann also hasn’t pitched much, though.

Webb and Akin haven’t pitched the first two and Coulombe should be available.   A lot depends on the score.  If the O’s are losing I don’t expect to see Coulombe but in a tie or close lead, I expect to see some combination of Akin/Webb/Coulombe from the 7th inning on.   

12 hours ago, Bemorewins said:

I would rather try him as a high leverage reliever than to continue to rely on Kimbrel.

I do think we're going to see Suarez gradually get more high leverage situations. He hasn't pitched in a bit now so I imagine we see him this afternoon. Let's hope not before the 6th inning.

I think Suarez will be just fine. He’s been rested since last Sunday. Who knows?  Maybe he comes in and goes 2-3 IP to close out a W. He’s a vet. He’s pitched all over the world. He will be just fine out of the pen. It’s just a matter of how good he can be. We really need him to be in the Cano/Coulombe range.