Albert Suarez 2024

Tony-OH

2 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Is he a free agent after this year? If so, what would you? If you want to keep him, what's a fair offer?

According to spotrac, he hasn’t even entered arbitration yet. If this is right we don’t even have to enter arbitration with him until 2026. 

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/player/_/id/19731/albert-suarez/contract/summary

7 hours ago, OsFanInOhio said:

According to spotrac, he hasn’t even entered arbitration yet. If this is right we don’t even have to enter arbitration with him until 2026. 

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/player/_/id/19731/albert-suarez/contract/summary

That’s absolutely amazing. Wow. I didn’t realize we would be able to hang on to him next year too.

8 minutes ago, Ripken said:

I know Gunnar will win team MVP, and rightly so, but we'd be dead without Albert.  What an incredibly valuable and stabilizing force in a turbulent year.

As they said on air, he may not be the most valuable, but he brought the most unexpected value.  By far.  

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

Suarez continues to come through for us in big games.   He’s got ice water in his veins.  Huge win tonight.  

He just keeps getting it done. Honestly, for a game 3, who else would you rather have?  I’d rather have Big Al out there than any of the other realistic deadline targets in Fedde or Kikuchi. Probably only a healthy/performing well Grayson would knock him to game 4 or the pen. 

He doesn’t give up homers. Doesn’t beat himself. Feels like we could win a “sprint” with him in a playoff game. 

Burnes, Eflin, Suarez. Might not be sexy, but them dudes are all horses and competitors. 

Echo all the above. After his last start gotta say I was worried. Man did he ever deliver. We may not be able to develop pitching but we have sure discovered a gem here. Hope he has a number of years left in the tank. By the way - notice the purveyors of darkness are absent this morning! Ain't The Beer Cold???

51 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I wouldn't think so, he was probably pretty happy to sign whatever they put in front of him.

He was paid higher overseas for the last few years than he’s making now, but his Korean team had wanted to cut his pay for 2024 to just a little over the major league minimum, so he decided to take his chances over here rather than going back.   

1 hour ago, Safelykept said:

I wonder if he has any incentives in his contract for awards, like a bonus for comeback player of the year. He would certainly would deserve one. 

Looking at the previous winners for comeback player, it seems you have to have been an established guy before sucking. Suarez has just come out of nowhere. I don't think there's an award for that. Hopefully the O's find a way to pay him that is advantageous both to him and the team, he deserves it big time.