Saturday, May 11: John Means takes on the Diamondbacks

SteveA

Just now, Natty said:

If Kjerstad makes that catch inning over. No runs.

With the way he's been playing defense I'd almost would have put Santander in left today and Kjerstad in right. Would AS have played that ball any worse?

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Westburg doesn't get the fanfare that Henderson gets but I agree with Roy to an extent. Westburg isn't far behind Gunnar and I think Westburg is actually under rated nationally. Westburg is slightly more versatile than Gunnar defensively. Which is a high compliment because Gunnar is versatile too, and a superstar/future MVP.  

Westburg reminds me of Ryne Sandberg both big 2B who can hit and have some speed. I'm not saying Westburg is going to be on Sandberg's level, but I see similarities between the two players.

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

Kjerstad looking like a DH. I wonder what the trade value for a DH is? It's not Mason Miller.

Agreed. The only guy who might possibly approach a one for one deal would be Basallo. “Silent J” won’t bring very much by himself, and I don’t think they’d be very interested  if he’s the headliner of a package.

but if we make any kind of a trade, I certainly hope we throw in Melanie Newman.

Just now, Gurgi said:

If a guy can not get to play five days a week we wont see the real Kjerstad.  He does not look like the kind of guy who can sit on the shelf for a week and come in and be golden.  

Hyde should override Sigbot and play Kjerstad more.  

I'd like to see Kjerstad more but at whose expense? Mountcastle, O'Hearn, and Cowser are all producing. Santander is a SH with a track record and probably better defense.

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Kjerstad looking like a DH. I wonder what the trade value for a DH is? It's not Mason Miller.

One of Heston Kjerstad, Coby Mayo or Samuel Basallo needs to play an outfield corner about as well as Yordan Alvarez.

If Dylan Beavers fields as well as it seems Cowser may now that he's adjusting, that competition might end up closer for a first string role.

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

The radio crew is just awful. So after the home run, Melanie Newman says, “the Diamondbacks strike first.”

?

The call itself was lethargic and monotonic. Why is this woman being employed by any company having anything to do with radio television or broadcasting in general?

You know the real reason.  We can not say it out loud.  MLB wants to force things along.  The memo's have been passed out.  More more more regardless of if they are good or not.  

• Upvote 1