Baumann DFA

ChipTait

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, ChosenOne21 said:

I don't think I've ever seen so much discussion and consternation over whether a player we DFA'd will be claimed.

Well it's arguably the best player we've DFA'd in many, many years. And almost certainly the best player DFA'd this year in baseball. 

Edited by interloper
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I could see us making a trade with the Brewers for an A ball arm. We have ties with Milwaukee and a working relationship. We’ll get some arm that isn’t on the 40 man. 

Works for me!

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, interloper said:

Well it's arguably the best player we've DFA'd in many, many years. And almost certainly the best player DFA'd this year in baseball. 

Nice SG laugh emoji @LGOrioles. And thanks for the positive rep. Are you paying him royalties on that? Name me a better played DFA'd this season in baseball. 

Edited by interloper

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I thought it was a joke too.

Never said Baumann was a great player. The question was why are we having so much discussion about him, and the answer is clear. He's a guy that will attract a lot of interest on the waiver wire. Stop going beyond that. I never went beyond just that. He's always been a DFA candidate, but he's arguably the best player to hit the wire so far this season. 

The other reason we're having a lot of discussion is that there were some other candidates for DFA or optioning, and it's not like Baumann was the super obvious frontrunner for DFA. That is not me saying he's great. But there were other candidates, so it generates discussion.

Edited by interloper

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

Nice SG laugh emoji @LGOrioles. And thanks for the positive rep. Are you paying him royalties on that? Name me a better played DFA'd this season in baseball. 

emojis are serious business. I won't use the laughing emoji, I'll just laugh here in real life if that makes you less salty.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, potota_bread said:

emojis are serious business. I won't use the laughing emoji, I'll just laugh here in real life if that makes you less salty.

I would just rather have a discussion about it is all. It's fine if you don't agree, but at least come with reasons. What about my comment is laughable? Are you able to find a better DFA'd player this season? I'm definitely willing to hear you out. 

Edited by interloper

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, interloper said:

I honestly thought you were joking. Wasn’t trying to be passive aggressive. But Yohan Ramirez has a better FIP, xFIP, and WAR than Baumann. 

I don’t think Baumann is bad and would prefer keeping him if possible, but he’s been worth -0.1 WAR in the last 2 years (83 IP). I would bet there’s a lot of players that have been DFA’d and produced more value than him. 

Edited by LGOrioles

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

I honestly thought you were joking. Wasn’t trying to be passive aggressive. But Yohan Ramirez has a better FIP, xFIP, and WAR than Baumann. 

I don’t think Baumann is bad and would prefer keeping him if possible, but he’s been worth -0.1 WAR in the last 2 years (83 IP). I would bet there’s a lot of players that have been DFA’d and produced more value than him. 

Ramirez is the other guy who I agree is close. I think Baumann is more reliable overall, but with worse stuff, and less upside, but much better command. If I'm a team, I'm grabbing Baumann over Ramirez because I want less walks. 

But, agreed, Ramirez makes a case. 

Edited by interloper

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

Ramirez is the other guy who I agree is close. I think Baumann is more reliable overall, but with worse stuff, and less upside, but much better command. If I'm a team, I'm grabbing Baumann over Ramirez because I want less walks. 

But, agreed, Ramirez makes a case. 

And he probably is the best player we have DFA’d recently (maybe Ramirez) but across the MLB I would think someone has to be better. Maybe not though.