Tuesday, May 21 / Wednesday May 22 GAME RESUMES at 12:15pm: Orange/Black Birds vs Red Birds

SteveA

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

love seeing one of their best hitters tossed...Bradish looking sharp.

Not me, it was a BS call and Lars knows the zone as well as anyone. I'm not okay with any pitchers getting balls called strike 3, even our own guys.

1 minute ago, Malike said:

12 pitches for Bradish. I hope he gets through 5.

It's time for him to start pitching into the 6th.   We have a 7 man bullpen and a pitching-change happy manager.

I wonder if these guys go back to the dugout and then look at screenshots of the pitch location, or if he just was only able to keep his temper until he got to the dugout?

The way Brown called that pitch was very funny, he said “upper right hand corner, or thereabouts.”

Got to give him points for that.

5 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Hyde needs to start going off on some of these umps.

I have been saying this. He is too passive.  You can influence these guys by being on top of them.   Your team also will think you have their back. 

3 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

Funny thing is the pitch to Henderson was much worse of a call according to MLB.com’s strike zone. 

Statcast shows the pitch would have been called a strike to Gunnar in an automated zone.