Don’t Look now but Kansas City is pretty good.

accinfo

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

They've played teams over .500 15 times, they are 6-9. They are on a nice roll and they have a lot of talent, but I'm not buying in yet.

I noticed the same thing looking at their schedule. They've won only 1 series against a team that currently has a winning record (Milwaukee).  The O's by contrast have won 6 (KC, Boston, Minnesota, KC again, NYY, Seattle).

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Of course not but I don't know how you can say those teams are better. Better uniforms?

You know who’s a WS contender?  Any team that makes the playoffs and plays well in the playoffs, regardless of whether they won 100 games or 85 during the season.  We’ve seen the truth of that dozens of times over the years.  

It looks like their starting pitching has been stupendous.   Can Seth Lugo, Brady Singer, Alec Marsh, Cole Ragans, and Michael Wacha do this for a whole season?    Just like most any other team it could go either way.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You know who’s a WS contender?  Any team that makes the playoffs and plays well in the playoffs, regardless of whether they won 100 games or 85 during the season.  We’ve seen the truth of that dozens of times over the years.  

Let’s get hot in September and just steam roll who we play.    We are collectively slumping and now catching a case of the injury bug.  Fine… it will be NYs turn soon.    

I don’t care whether we win the division or wildcard. I just want to be not slumping and not injury riddled come October.    We need to fix the bullpen and we will probably before July. If the starting pitcher, get healthy and our bats get hot over the summer look out!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• If I'm reading this correctly, the Orioles are 6th in defensive value this year and the White Sox are dead last by a lot: to date, they're at -54 runs; the worst team in baseball for all of '23 was -72 (https://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/team_compare.cgi?request=1&year=2024&lg=MLB&stat=runs_fielding). So the difference between Burnes and Fedde must be the defensive adjustment. FWIW, fWAR using FIP has them even at 2.0 WAR apiece; using RA9 Burnes is ahead 2.9 to 2.4.
    • One game at a time. Let’s go O’s 👍🏻
    • You do realize our pen has given up fewer runs, fewer hits, fewer BBs, has a lower WHIP, and has more Ks?  I get that they don’t pass your eye test, but the numbers don’t back that up.  With all that said, I think they need to reinforce the pen but let’s stop with the dramatics.  
    • The OP is too pessimistic. NYY is 5-5 in their last 10, Orioles are 8-2. NYY have cooled down, as predicted. The O's are getting them at the right time. With that said, it's baseball. Anything can happen. I would be surprised if the Orioles don't take at least 2 out of 3, though.
    • Objectively speaking I would have WAY MORE confidence in Rodon than Irvin/Kremer/Suarez. And I LOVE what both Irvin and Suarez have done for us this season and couldn’t have dreamed of either giving us any more than they have.
    • Holliday is not getting traded IMO, so there’s really no point in discussing that. But there is a case to be made that the other two are a bit redundant and if we plan on doing some extensions, they could be expendable (at least one of them). Off the top of my head. I would strongly consider Miller or Crochet for one of them. I guess I look at it like this, I can see a realistic plausible scenario of us winning a championship or more without the services of Basallo or Mayo. However, I cannot see ya winning this season as is without a meaningful upgrade to the current pitching. Many said all last season, the pitching was good as is, until it (predictably) wasn’t.
    • Well for starters, there closer and set up man are both better than ours. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that the Yanks pen is better than the Phills by any stretch. But it is better than ours.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now