O's Acquire Thyago Vieira

Just now, Phil Beckett said:

He died pretty young. Who knows where he might’ve gone. It’s a sad tale.

Right, hence my earlier post to see how he would have evolved, he was supremely talented, life is short.

4 minutes ago, Malike said:

Right, hence my earlier post to see how he would have evolved, he was supremely talented, life is short.

Then there’s Maryland’s own Danny Gatton. 

the humbler 

He’s a rather insane jazzy chicken Pickin rockin amazing guitarist

9 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

This post and the one the other day referring to Fangraphs vs BBR talking to Frobby are the 2 best I have seen.  

I must not have seen the other one.  

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I wonder if SG’s 40 friends at his backyard blowout know about his message board posting prowess. 

That’s a lot of Bud Light for the 40 person blowout. Tough news about the no thongs. @Sports Guy

For the music heads, what was the #1 song on 100.3’s annual top 500. Last I heard was collective soul at #332. @Can_of_corn

Edited by sportsfan8703

10 hours ago, Phil Beckett said:

Randi Rhodes pilot was taking them for joy rides and dive bombing the rest of Ozzie‘s band and they crashed. Lynyrd Skynyrd died because they ran out of gasoline.

Randy "Rhoads" was as elite for the metal genre as Eddie Van Halen was for rock. I actually rate his material on par or better with any mainstream rock guitarist, even EVH. Rhoads was a rare gem who died so young at 26. IMO he was only going to get better. 

9 hours ago, Phil Beckett said:

Then there’s Maryland’s own Danny Gatton. 

the humbler 

He’s a rather insane jazzy chicken Pickin rockin amazing guitarist

And if we're talking insanely talented guitarists, the list isn't complete without Tommy Emmanuel. 

2 hours ago, eddie83 said:

Thank you for getting this thread back to baseball.

I was wondering why this thread was so popular than I looked through it and thought I was in the Hangout Club forum.

I don't have a lot of hope that Vieira is going to be very good suddenly, but I guess he an arm that can be used if they need a guy to eat a few innings in "garbage time" if they have it.

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Thank you for getting this thread back to baseball.

I was wondering why this thread was so popular than I looked through it and thought I was in the Hangout Club forum.

I don't have a lot of hope that Vieira is going to be very good suddenly, but I guess he an arm that can be used if they need a guy to eat a few innings in "garbage time" if they have it.

He throws hard, so I suspect he's going to get some leverage looks like Fuji did out of the gate.