Monday afternoon May 27, 2024 - Os vs RedSox

justD

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, gtman55 said:

No way this guy should have been up with the big team. He has stuff but has no clue where it's going. 

When a player has no options you have no choice but to put him on the big team when you trade for him.

Posted (edited)

Literally this guy cannot pitch effectively.  This is disrespectful to the fans paying and attending the game,  equivalent to a retail site selling items they know are broken and charging full price.  Hyde this is not a spring training game.  

Edited by Pat Kelly

Just now, gtman55 said:

No way this guy should have been up with the big team. He has stuff but has no clue where it's going. 

He really only has a fastball that he can’t spot.  The rest of the pitches looked like nothing much

2 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Well if he pitches bad enough you may be able to DFA him.

That’s the ticket.  Pitched poorly enough to pass thru waivers and then be able to tweak him in AAA?  One can hope, I guess.  

4 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

Really? He's thrown 11 pitches for the Orioles.

I don't give players a very long leash, but even I'm willing to give him more than one look.

OK, he had an 11 run lead, but he walked the bases loaded, gave up a triple, and walked another. Uh.

If he sucks the next time he pitches (hopefully in a low leverage situation), DFA him.

Just now, accinfo said:

I think they took this guy because of the 20 year old they also received in this deal.  I wouldn’t be shocked if he gets DFA’d tomorrow.

Exactly.

Wonder if he'll clear waivers back to us.  One of those guys with a cannon arm and stuff, who has no idea where it's going and hasn't been able to figure it out before his options were gone.  Would be nice to be able to stash him in the minors...  sometimes those guys figure it out.