The 2024 Trade Deadline

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Not sure what you mean by difference maker.  Nardi and Harvey certainly strengthen the bullpen.   I don’t really consider either a dominant arm.

I think they would both be in the conversation for our best reliever at the moment with Coulombe out. Unless they get Mason Miller, Helsley, or move Crochet to the pen, I think they are fine getting good set up guys versus one true stud. 

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Nardi is a guy I really like.  There isn’t much in his profile to dislike. High end arm who could become even better in Baltimore imo.

I think as of right now, I target Nardi and a Detmers/Estevez package. 

I wouldn’t mind that LAA package. Estevez has been good this year and should remain good if his BB rate stays this low. I’d be a little concerned it goes back up at some point but if they’re acquiring 2 relievers, I’d be fine with Estevez as the lesser of those 2 guys.

5 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

I wouldn’t mind that LAA package. Estevez has been good this year and should remain good if his BB rate stays this low. I’d be a little concerned it goes back up at some point but if they’re acquiring 2 relievers, I’d be fine with Estevez as the lesser of those 2 guys.

Estevez isn’t my favorite guy to obtain but with the teams that are likely to sell right now, I think he represents a good target and not someone you have to deal a ton to get.  He’s a very good reliever that represents a huge upgrade for us imo.

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Probably not, as to your question.    That’s 3 top ten picks in our system and Kjerstad is top 25 on many sites.   You think they can do better?

Actually looking at FG current Board, HK is among the highest speculatively tradable players.  

Spencer Jones if the Yankees Yank.  De Paula for LAD.  Delauter on CLE.  (Extreme out of the money option: TBR did a big roster reshuffle selling and buying.  How fun would that be?!)

48 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

Actually looking at FG current Board, HK is among the highest speculatively tradable players.  

Spencer Jones if the Yankees Yank.  De Paula for LAD.  Delauter on CLE.  (Extreme out of the money option: TBR did a big roster reshuffle selling and buying.  How fun would that be?!)

Nevermind... I get what you meant. :)

Edited by Greg Pappas

7 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Ok, I’m just curious why?   Fedde is signed at 7.5M for next year and has been a very solid #2-#3 type starter this year.  McDermott is most likely a reliever.  Chace has talent but has control issues as well.  Bradfield needs to hit.  Is Bradfield the biggest deterrent or just the whole thing?

I'm just not buying that Fedde is going to keep up his first-half performance. The White Sox would be wise to sell-high on him... but I don't want the O's to be the sucker.

It's honestly quite possible that Irvin and Suarez outperform him in the 2nd half. 

5 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Estevez isn’t my favorite guy to obtain but with the teams that are likely to sell right now, I think he represents a good target and not someone you have to deal a ton to get.  He’s a very good reliever that represents a huge upgrade for us imo.

I like Estevez and Nardi a lot, I'm not sure what you see in Detmers other than age, I guess. He'd be a solid enough 3/4 if he doesn't cost a lot.

1 minute ago, dystopia said:

I'm just not buying that Fedde is going to keep up his first-half performance. The White Sox would be wise to sell-high on him... but I don't want the O's to be the sucker.

It's honestly quite possible that Irvin and Suarez outperform him in the 2nd half. 

I’d take that bet.  Fedde might tail off in the second half but there aren’t any signs of it.   On the other hand …..

Pick any available pitcher and you’ll find a reason not to acquire him.   Fedde is worth the risk.  You’re not tied into him long term if he goes south but you at least have him for 1+ if he’s the real deal.  

3 minutes ago, Malike said:

I like Estevez and Nardi a lot, I'm not sure what you see in Detmers other than age, I guess. He'd be a solid enough 3/4 if he doesn't cost a lot.

Detmers seems like someone to target in the off season.  I don’t know why you want a guy the lowly Angels had to demote to AAA and still hasn’t gotten it together.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Detmers seems like someone to target in the off season.  I don’t know why you want a guy the lowly Angels had to demote to AAA and still hasn’t gotten it together.

Yeah, I honestly don't see it with Detmers but maybe I'm missing something.