Sunday 6/2/2024 - Os vs Tampa Bay Rays

justD

1 minute ago, baltfan said:

Vierra needs to go.  He is worthless and why Tate is still out there. 

Seriously Vieira is only clogging up a valuable roster spot if you can't trust him. We need somebody that can at least pitch with a reasonable chance of doing his job decent.

Just now, Bemorewins said:

Not sure what Hyde was doing there. I know what Tate’s era is. But sometimes you have to use your eyes and not the stats. Tate in no way is an 8th inning reliever in a tight game. He simply doesn’t have the stuff to get Major League hitters out in high leverage situations.

And Coulombe and Kimbrel didn't pitch yesterday.  Hyde was asleep at the wheel a little too long.

1 minute ago, Malike said:

You can ask for a crew review. Stupid rule because you basically get a challenge.

John Gibbons was the master of that. Asked for crew chief reviews like eight times a game.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Just Regular said:

It's interesting Coulombe didn't have the full 8th inning setup man gig.

Yeah I don’t get it.  At least get him out there once Tate starts to get lit up. 

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

There will be no “we need a better backup catcher than McCann” slander today. 

I’m not sure what people want in a backup catcher anyway.  If they are great hitters they aren’t going to be backup catchers.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

You can ask for a crew review. Stupid rule because you basically get a challenge.

Is that limited to only certain types of plays?  Or can any play that you could normally challenge be crew-reviewed on request?

1 minute ago, Babkins said:

John Gibbons was the master of that. Asked for crew chief reviews like eight times a game.

He was like a delay himself as he waddled out of the dugout to ask for crew chief review #14 of the game...

Just now, Morgan423 said:

You can ask, but they don't have to grant it.  I don't even think that they have to pause the game for you to consider asking for it 😆

I don't think I've seen them say no.

Beginning in the eighth inning, a crew chief may conduct a replay review of all reviewable calls upon his own initiative or upon the request of a manager who has no remaining manager challenges.

• Thanks 2