Friday 6/14 vs Philadelphia

Morgan423

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Wow, the ump let him mug him like that and didn't toss him? Kid got tossed from WAS last night for not even saying a word or looking at the ump.

Yep he definitely should have been tossed. 100%. They gave him way too much leniency for whining like a baby.

My perfect life would be GM of the Orioles and be married to a girl that looked like peak Jennifer Love Hewitt.  

And to be an order of magnitude more intelligent than I am.  

• Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• The Orioles are one game back of the Yankees in the loss column for the division, 6 games up on the Twins for the first Wild Card, 7 games ahead of the Royals for the last playoff spot. We may not win the division but it would take an abysmal second half to miss the playoffs.  Given that I would love to add to this team in the bullpen and a starter if the price was right but I would give us as good a chance as anyone to win the AL even if we didn't make a trade based on our top two starters and the power of our lineup.  I believe our lineup with Mayo at third or Holliday at second by the start of the playoffs to go with Gunnar SS, Rutschman C, Santander RF, O'Hearn DH, Westburg 2B/3B, Mountcastle 1B, Cowser/Kjerstad LF and Mullins CF is better and likely significantly better than any team but the Dodgers.  
    • It is more or less. Once you get in the playoffs, all the teams are talented and all the teams have some kind of weakness. Sure there are better teams on paper and some of the teams probably have more talent than others. But I just don't think it's all that drastic of a difference most of time. It's not like you're sticking the Athletics or White Sox in the playoffs and calling it a crap shoot.
    • The 2018 Red Sox won 108 games that year. I don't remember many if any people questioning their chances or considering them a long shot goin into the tournament. There are a few other teams on that list who were by no means long shots either. No on to your point about posters on this board, as late as last week there were several posters arguing that Irvin/Suarez/Kremer/Povich would be fine as your third starter going into the postseason. Now, after 3 consecutive series of really poor pitching, some have changed their minds. But many have shifted from "we don't need to trade" to "we can get a good pitcher but don't trade any of our good prospects". Like it somehow works that way.
    • He's athletic enough to play there is the main thing. The rest is a learning curve. Not sure the timing is right when they're trying to make the playoffs, there's likely to be a few hiccups along the way. But I'd be fine with it. Who knows if they're even considering it?
    • Yeah , only if Holiday is motivated & desire the task of studying CF
    • No.  Nor are they going to lead the O's to the AL East cellar next week.  Elias is going to need to get some pitching, nobody is arguing otherwise.
    • Exactly this. While I appreciate he could be the guy, they are loaded at MIF. The more I watch Westburg the more I'm convinced he IS a dude. Calling up Mayo to play 3B I'm only slightly hesitant about because I've read regarding his defense. Westburg looks more comfortable at third to me, but I love that he's played 2B at a high level as well. Nice to have so many options.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now