What does the Bradish injury really mean?

Sports Guy

10 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

We hit Montogomery but in general he and Eovaldi carried Texas. That said, Heaney came up big for them at times in the playoffs. 

That Texas offense was so white hot the whole playoffs.  Don't think the O's will be close to that.  We need a few more things to go right for us on the pitching side (then they did) so I don't feel comfortable as is.

Edited by O's84

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Yeah. Nothing is going to happen for awhile. 8-12 teams probably have no idea what they are going to do.  

Biggest hope is health of Burnes and Grod. Losing Bradish is huge but we can overcome it.  

Right , these 8-12 teams also have 45 days to make up their minds. To buy OR not to buy is the question .  Sooner or later their decisions will come to light . 
Can they overcome the loss of Bradish ?   They can IF everything goes RIGHT . 
I love to see how Elias handles this challenge 

15 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I think with the volatility of pitching there are no better years anymore. You can argue that parts of the team could be better in a year or two. 

I hope the Orioles are like Atlanta and get to the playoffs many times. Then see what happens. When the Cardinals won their 2 titles under LaRussa it wasn’t the two best teams he had. 

This ^^^^^^^^^

51 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

Man, we're so unlucky. Someone should run stats on how frequently pitchers need TJ surgery by team. We've gotta be up there. Every time our rotation looks good, half of them blow up their elbows.

And it's not just SP. Felix too. Basically any impact player who's a pitcher is in serious danger of losing 1.5-2 seasons when pitching for the O's.

Thats why its nuts to sign a pitcher for 8-10 years...they break, all of them, eventually...

• Upvote 2

I'm hoping the PRP injection wasn't just buying Bradish a few months only delaying the inevitable Tommy John surgery. If Bradish ends up going under the knife there's a decent chance we won't see him again until 2026.

Bradish was throwing really hard tonight so I'm hoping it's just some soreness from overexerting himself and he'll be fine with a little time off. This isn't encouraging and Elias is going to be busy working the phones for pitching help the next 45 days.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, O's84 said:

That Texas offense was so white hot the whole playoffs.  Don't think the O's will be close to that.  We need a few more things to go right for us on the pitching side (then they did) so I don't feel comfortable as is.

I wouldn't put it past the O's offense to carry them in a similar way. But I wouldn't want to count on it, either. 

(For reference on the difference, looks like Texas scored 5.71 runs/game during the postseason last year. The O's are at 5.07 runs/game this season.)

If it turns out that Bradish is done for the season or has to spend extended time on IL,  might the O's make the move to sign Trevor Bauer?  He's pitching very well in the Mexican League.  Wouldn't surprise me to see some team sign him between now and the trade deadline.  Just askin...

1 hour ago, rudyrooster said:

If it turns out that Bradish is done for the season or has to spend extended time on IL,  might the O's make the move to sign Trevor Bauer?  He's pitching very well in the Mexican League.  Wouldn't surprise me to see some team sign him between now and the trade deadline.  Just askin...

No.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, allquixotic said:

Man, we're so unlucky. Someone should run stats on how frequently pitchers need TJ surgery by team. We've gotta be up there. Every time our rotation looks good, half of them blow up their elbows.

And it's not just SP. Felix too. Basically any impact player who's a pitcher is in serious danger of losing 1.5-2 seasons when pitching for the O's.

Talk to Tampa and Miami, and every team, It's the game today, pitchers are dropping like flies.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, thegardner said:

We don't know what is going on with Bradish, but you already have him out past 2025?

I guess that's the same as folks on here who said he wouldn't throw a pitch in 2024.

We know he has a UCL injury. He came into the season with a UCL injury. It was obvious 2 starts ago when they decide to give him a week+ off.

This will end with TJ surgery, and for his sake I hope they do it quickly instead of coaxing a few more starts out of him