In baseball circles, NOTHING makes me happier..

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Roy, did you ever stop asking for more runs, even when the O's had scored 17?

Never. Theres lots of humiliation needed . Thats why I wanted more runs...I want to humiliate the Yankees, not just beat em.

Edited by Roy Firestone

14 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Never. Theres lots of humiliation needed . Thats why I wanted more runs...I want to humiliate the Yankees, not just beat em.

Nothing is better than seeing Yankee fans booing or being silent.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I really wanted to see them push more across rather than holding them up at 3rd. Normally I'd be plenty satisfied with today, but after the way the Yankees conducted themselves I wanted a total beat down.

1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

Sure

4 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

Can we hold a 7 run lead for 4 innings ? Im actually serious...

4 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

ive never seen a huge lead be so stressful...its truly unbelievable...

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Tanner Scott was one of the best relievers in baseball last year.  He had a shaky April but he’s good again the last two months. Andrew Miller was mediocre the year before we got him.  He wasn’t established.  30 IP, 25 H, 17 BB.   In 2014 he was very good in the first half and we got him at the deadline.   Scott actually has a longer record of being a high leverage arm than Andrew Miller did when we got him.  Of course, you could have just looked it up.
    • He’s mashed all season. This is what was expected. He just didn’t get any consistent playing time last time. Doubt getting hit has anything to do with it
    • IFers: Mayo, Holliday, Westburg, Gunnar OFers: Cowser, Kjerstad, Mullins, Santander UTI: OHearn, Mateo C- Adley, McCann Leaves one more spot for Mounty, Hays, Stowers, Norby, Urias or trade for a RH OFer, likely a CFer.   note: Obviously this is based on the idea Holliday will be able to play in the field soon enough, establish himself and get up here. If Mounty is the final bat (likeliest scenario of the above options) and we have kept the top 4 prospects (including Kjerstad in that), do we have enough players to fetch us the BP and rotation help we need?  I feel we do especially because I don’t think a true TOR starter is going to be available. I have talked about trading  Mounty but I do agree with those who talk about his defense and his clubhouse presence. Trading that in the middle of the season may not be the best move. I would still do it for the right player but I think there are better moves to make midseason and then look to move Mounty in the offseason. Losing Urias and Hays isn’t going to effect team chemistry imo.
    • Yep, especially since he returned to New York the following season. 
    • 6 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 0 BB.  That's so terrible I imagine Elias is contemplating DFA'ing him!
    • Ya Nomar is a  Great example.  Torres was the cubs top prospect if I remember correctly. It was definitely seen as a steal that the Yankees got him for a rental closer 
    • I think it's going to be shocking whenever a deal goes down. I've really grown to like most of the guys on this team and I'm very intrigued by many of the guys down on the farm. It could certainly be a Mountcastle, O'Hearn, Santander, etc. Or maybe one of the top three prospects. I just hope the return is worth it. Yeah, do not envy ME's job, but it is certainly important he pull the right strings this year. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now