Would the Orioles consider Trevor Bauer ?

15 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

I’ve sourced everything I claimed here:

https://stephenpauladams.substack.com/p/just-say-no-to-trevor-bauer

Nobody in the Dodgers clubhouse wanted him back, btw. The best he could muster was some half attempt from Betts, and even that wasn’t endearing.

Lol, posting a biased article comparing Trevor to Trump and Elon Musk is your proof?

Good god!!!

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Tell me  why a guy with his  talent, who is cheap, and with a hunger to win, who again has never been convicted, much less charged with anything.....should not be signed?

Be specific.

Stop gaslighting by playing with semantics

He was both charged and found guilty of violating the MLB Joint Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Child Abuse Policy.  That is a fact.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Kato Kaelin wtf 🤣🤣

You want a nice Asian girl?   OnlyOneOriole has tons of Asian massage parlors in his neighborhood.  He can probably hook you up.  Then you can triple date with Kato and Only and watch Poker.   Or play poker.  

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, catseyepub said:

Lol, posting a biased article comparing Trevor to Trump and Elon Musk is your proof?

Good god!!!

I wrote that article, and I’ve sourced all the publications. As opposed to people like yourself that  are like, “Derr, nobody posted any proof!” 

Christ, you people are allergic to sources. There are nearly a dozen in there.

Let me check sources for your counterpoints. Oh, right. Zero and a whole lot of emotion. 

Edited by LookitsPuck
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

You want a nice Asian girl?   OnlyOneOriole has tons of Asian massage parlors in his neighborhood.  He can probably hook you up.  Then you can triple date with Kato and Only and watch Poker.   Or play poker.  

Now we know why he’s a Deshaun Watson fan.

10 minutes ago, SemperFi said:

Stop gaslighting by playing with semantics

He was both charged and found guilty of violating the MLB Joint Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Child Abuse Policy.  That is a fact.

Amen.

47 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Well, this thread is about the only place to find offense lately.

One more consecutive loss and there will be an entire buffet of choices.

Unless MLB knows more than we do and unless their is a video that gets leaked that makes it hard to watch I say go ahead and sign him.  

Honestly it is really because I do not want to trade any top shelf prospects for pitching help.  

Obviously this depends on the ownership.  This is not a call that Elias can make.  

Also we can put in some stringent request and dump him if does anything too insane.  Rubenstein is an old man.  How much does he want to win a championship?  

I can see us bringing him in and wearing him out.  Pitch him every four days and as a relief in the playoffs after his starts.  IF he gets TJ then too bad.  

24 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Amen.

Thank goodness you weren't alive when Ty Cobb was playing, seems you would be the type to try to get him banished because rumors were, he wasn't that friendly..🙄

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

You are forgetting the world in which we now live.  It is a hyper Me Too, woke, canceling world......and was probably even worse when the Bauer news first broke a few years ago.    As a entity like MLB, and really all sports including the NFL, they were tripping all over each other to appear as woke and progressive as possible.   Womens rights.  BLM.   LQTBZXJER etc.  We still see it.   She accused him then and NO ONE was going to rush to his defense at the time because if they did?   They could have been canceled too.    

It is a very dangerous world and times in which we live right now when it comes to woke.  You either go along with it publicly, or get labeled all kinds of horrible things.  Sucked for him because as I said, it all came out right when that stuff was exploding. 

Trevor is like John Depp and similar that Disney wont hire him even though he is a meal ticket because they want to project an uber woke image.  MLB is doing the whole pandering thing also.  Just because that is what the rich guy club is the way to go now.  It sucks.  Trevor should be able to pitch in MLB.  They got nothing criminal on him.  Yet. 

Trevor and Depp beat their cases and still are paying a price of just allegations.  

• Upvote 1

https://x.com/Bauhttps://x.co

m/BauerOutage/status/1780338438794854527erOutage/status/17803384387948545https://x.com/MinEffPodcast/status/1780855434615881998
27https://x.com/ChayaRaichik10/status/1709048057579581781

Bauer is guilty of what many men on this board are guilty of: Having TERRIBLE taste in women into our 20's. His recent experience with these types of women could very likely have been his growing up moment. However, unlike us, he's a millionaire. A lot more to extort. He's not guilty of sexual assault, he's guilty of entertaining terrible women.

The women I pursued in my 20's weren't the best bc like most people in their 20s, they are still mostly inexperienced and conditioned by society to pursue the wrong women.  Then you grow up, learn from these shitty relationships, change, and find a good woman and treat her good. But again, we weren't on TV every night like Bauer. Much easier for us to move one from our immature choices with less scrutiny as we grow up. (And those immature moments for me weren't beating women so STFU before you start in; those immature choices were simply pursuing immature women)

If you look at the bigger picture, MLB weaponized its own systems to punish Bauer. MLB doesn't like Trevor Bauer, plain and simple. He was challenging MLB on several topics such as their shitty marketing, the sticky stuff, etc before these false sexual assaults were brought upon him.  There are many reasons to dislike people; many of those reasons are not worthy of banning them, putting them in prison, silencing them, or neutralizing them. Bauer may not be likeable, but he's no more guilty of a crime than anyone else on an MLB roster.

Thinking is hard, so most people judge. When I see the typical "shut down the Trevor Bauer talk" comments, I can only assume those same folks make their judgements with a very thin fingernail scratch of the surface, terrified to unpack, terrified to be judged themselves, so lets be safe and agree with mob mentality.  If you agree with the status quo, the delivered-from-the-top message on Trevor Bauer, then I assume this is how you make your opinions on almost everything "news worthy."

Its okay, its a safe way to live, excepting the mainstream narrative with little thought or reason. You receive less scrutiny living that way. In this case, MLB is the authority figure; you are being spoon fed their word on Bauer; personally I don't trust authority; they haven't done much to earn trust historically.

I say the O's be bold and sign Trevor Bauer for league min. MLB weaponized its own system to punish Bauer. I don't know Bauer as a person; he may be a bad dude; hell, it may come out that he is a serial rapist one day (I don't think that's the case), but based on all the information that has come to light on him, these were false sexual abuse cases, and he's on par with every player in MLB as far as merit and should be allowed to play in league.

If you are against Trevor Bauer being allowed back into the league, you have ignored evidence and fact, and I can make several predictions about how you have been living your life the last 4 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, catseyepub said:

Thank goodness you weren't alive when Ty Cobb was playing, seems you would be the type to try to get him banished because rumors were, he wasn't that friendly..🙄

Keep going and I’m sure you’ll start defending Ben Chapman.