I got to ask Kevin Brown a question

Carllamy

I got to ask Kevin Brown a question today. So I asked him which stadium has the best broadcast booth.

He responded by saying that Camden Yards does, and that he was not saying that as a homer, but (and I am paraphrasing) that with size, dimension and placement as consideration, the one at Camden Yards is just the best.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I like that Brown can laugh at himself. Him and Palmer have a pretty funny relationship. It’s become pretty funny and entertaining. 

I agree.  Although I do cringe occasionally when Brown goes a little too far in making fun of Dave Johnson's career or talents...the dude was a mediocre pitcher in MLB which is an incredible accomplishment and Brown was probably a benchwarmer on his little league team...

5 minutes ago, Otter said:

I agree.  Although I do cringe occasionally when Brown goes a little too far in making fun of Dave Johnson's career or talents...the dude was a mediocre pitcher in MLB which is an incredible accomplishment and Brown was probably a benchwarmer on his little league team...

In fairness the other two pitchers Brown works with are a Hall of Famer and a 1-1 draft pick who had a pretty good career. So it’s a pretty high comparison bar!

37 minutes ago, Otter said:

Dave Johnson was a league leader in home runs allowed one year so he has that accomplishment going for him. I remember cringing when i watched batters get visibly upset and slam the bat down when he stuck them out; like he was a high school pitcher they should crush every at bat. 

1 hour ago, Otter said:

I don't feel bad at all. I've met Dave a few times at his house (went to school with one of his kids) and he was pretty arrogant. Talking down to people. I'm sure he acts different in public but I left with little respect for him. I'm fine if KB knocks him down a couple pegs.

2 hours ago, brvn52 said:

I don't feel bad at all. I've met Dave a few times at his house (went to school with one of his kids) and he was pretty arrogant. Talking down to people. I'm sure he acts different in public but I left with little respect for him. I'm fine if KB knocks him down a couple pegs.

Very interesting.  Dave comes across on air as humble and self-deprecating, but maybe that's just his on air persona.  

16 hours ago, Carllamy said:

I got to ask Kevin Brown a question today. So I asked him which stadium has the best broadcast booth.

He responded by saying that Camden Yards does, and that he was not saying that as a homer, but (and I am paraphrasing) that with size, dimension and placement as consideration, the one at Camden Yards is just the best.

I'm glad it was you and not @Moose Milligan that got to ask Kevin Brown a question. I can only imagine what kind of passive aggressive question Moose would has asked him.

I imagine it going like this:

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

4 hours ago, brvn52 said:

Are you sure it wasn't you and Dave's kid being obnoxious teenagers?