Tuesday 6/25 vs. Cleveland

86this

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

The pitching is a shitshow right now. The attrition and regression has occurred at the same time. The regression is on Elias. 

The attrition is bad luck. 

Not preparing for the attrition is on Elias.  He knew Bradish and Means were very likely not going to make it through the season.  Wells is always hurt.  Felix is not going to pitch this season.  I mean, besides those guys, no one else is even out for the year [yet] and, assuming DK is back soon, we're only really missing Danny C.  In other words, we've only been decimated where we all knew we very likely would be. 

He doesn't draft/develop arms and he doesn't buy arms.  I know he's made trades for some of our pitching but that's not enough.  You have to develop your own and spend some damn money on more than just an overpriced, declining "closer".  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MDK02 said:

I’ll be very surprised if we win tomorrow. I fully expect Carrasco to throw a gem vs us. Then we got 3 vs the Rangers who own us. Then go out to Seattle. This could get really ugly, really quick. 

You're right, the Rangers own us. And to make matters worse we play 4 against them not 3 which is why this might turn into the 10+ game losing streak I mentioned earlier.

I honestly think the Yankee series took alot out of this team.

Just now, oriolediehard said:

How bad does it have to get before Elias does anything more than nothing?  It is obvious our pitching is very bad that should have been dealt with this past offseason.

The problem with not getting out ahead of filling out the pitching staff during the offseason is with the third wildcard teams are less reluctant to sell until post all star break.

And if you do want a trade right now it's going to take an overpay to make another team say yes.

2 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

Prediction for tomorrow: GRod throws 7 scoreless, giving up 3 hits and striking out 10+. O's lose 2-1. Bo Naylor and Tony Taters hit home runs, and Kimbrel walks in the winning run top 9.

O’s definitely load the bases with 1 out in the 9th and don’t score. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

And only one with RISP, which was my entire point.

Yes they are not hitting right now but they lead the league in homers with runners on this season,  They are 3rd in OPs with runners on as well.  They lead the league in OPS in close and late.  The offense isn’t the problem you might go through a stretch the hits with runners on done come but they are clearly getting productive at bats on the season in clutch situations.  

2 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Yes they are not hitting right now but they lead the league in homers with runners on this season,  They are 3rd in OPs with runners on as well.  They lead the league in OPS in close and late.  The offense isn’t the problem you might go through a stretch the hits with runners on done come but they are clearly getting productive at bats on the season in clutch situations.  

I think the hitting has been frustrating situationally lately, but it hasn’t been a huge problem overall.

They are 23rd according to Fangraphs in their “clutch” metric though and I would imagine that falls quite a bit after tonight. I’m not sure how great that metric is but they’ve been one of the least clutch offenses in the league according to that. 

1 minute ago, LGOrioles said:

I think the hitting has been frustrating situationally lately, but it hasn’t been a huge problem overall.

They are 23rd according to Fangraphs in their “clutch” metric though and I would imagine that falls quite a bit after tonight. I’m not sure how great that metric is but they’ve been one of the least clutch offenses in the league according to that. 

They have the best Ops in close and late and 2nd in batting average.  Also 3rd in OPS runners on so not sure how they could be 23rd in clutch.  That seems to be about the two clutches situations.