6/30 vs Texas Rangers

Morgan423

5 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Good point, though I thought at least one of his bad days at second was prior to the Yankee series.  I could be mistaken though.   He might be pushing to make the All-Star game too. Despite the injury.  He also could just be looking over his shoulder. 

I think it’s his normal intensity and pride. He takes things really seriously and can only imagine how much he hates making these blunders, and I bet that’s causing him to play tense and not relaxed.   

• Upvote 2

I'm not an especially big Keegan Akin fan, but I'm struggling to understand how he was used tonight. He's not great but his ERA is under 4 and he can go multiple innings. Why are you throwing him after AAAA fodder like Vespi and Krook? Why wasn't he the first in line when Irvin predictably got knocked out early? It's a moot point because the offense took the night off, but why is he pitching in a 11-2 game but not a 5-2 game?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You think a 776 team OPS is flummoxed?

Flummoxed in comparison to what we normally see, yes. The expectation is that they would be better against these types of pitchers than against the guys with better stuff. As the poster, showed, that isn’t the case. 

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

I think the original trend you brought up has absolutely zero statististical significance.   Your original post talked about being concerned by it and I totally disagree that there is anything to be concerned about.

As for the rest of the discussion.  honestly I didn't even read much of it.   I glanced at it.   There are a million threads on here where SportsGuy and someone else disagree on something and go back and forth and start picking the exact meaning of words and interpreting what the other person is saying... and I've read so many of them that I usually don't bother with them anymore.   There is rarely any new information in those discussions once the first couple posts have been read.   It's just a back and forth of someone saying something and someone saying they misinterpreted what they are saying and finding new ways to re-state the same point.   So I have no idea about going back and editing or anything like that.   I saw it was going to be one of those discussions and avoided reading it.

My entire response is based on you bringing up a completely insignificant 11 game sample where we are only one game off our expected result and indicating it was something you were concerned about.

No, you clearly were mocking me in your previous post.

It was a douche move as was the original poster's editing his posts. 

I look forward to your posts and the insight you provide-sometimes I disagree with you but I would never disresepect you like that.

Edited by SemperFi

1 minute ago, baltfan said:

Flummoxed in comparison to what we normally see, yes. The expectation is that they would be better against these types of pitchers than against the guys with better stuff. As the poster, showed, that isn’t the case. 

I disagree, I don't think it's all that stark a difference.

You aren't going to see identical numbers.