7/5 Orioles begin their last series ever in Oakland

SteveA

2 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Through Gunnars first 82 games he had 93 ks.  Colton has 79.  I still think he is is “learn mode” 

Edit: Gunnar had 48 more PA.  

Regardless was striking out at a good clip the first part of his first season. 

Posted (edited)

I hope this is not one of those games for the Orioles where they have a pitcher on the ropes...score..but then go to sleep thee rest of the way...Henderson looks too anxious tonight...swining out of his shoes...really poor...in the last 2 at bats...

Edited by Roy Firestone

The Yankees are an interesting team to watch.  If they don’t make the playoffs or barely get in and lose early I would expect some big changes.  Will they pony up the biggest contract in baseball for Soto because that is what he is going to get?  

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I'm trying to figure out how to go to Boston for the series in September. Might take a vacation day from work to cheer on the Orioles.

Fenway is cool, just don't buy tickets behind the stupid girders.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, emmett16 said:

Edit: Gunnar had 48 more PA.  

Regardless was striking out at a good clip the first part of his first season. 

They don't appear to be comparable talents.

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

I hope this is not one of those games for the Orioles where they have a pitcher on the ropes...score..but then go to sleep thee rest of thee way...Henderson looks too anxious tonight...swining out of his shoes...really poor...in the last 2 at bats...

He took a 3-1 fastball right down the middle in the 2nd, then foul tipped an absolute hanger of a breaking ball in the 4th.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• At this point the Orioles should keep Mayo for 3B/1B/RF/DH, Basallo for 1B/C/DH, Holliday for 2B/SS, and Kjerstad as RF/DH. Be willing to trade most of the rest for SP and RP that help this year and maybe next. Any longer term contracts are a bonus. Then when free agency comes, you go out there and fill 1-2 holes with good players. Take the big money free agent signings and throw that money at Gunnar and Adley extensions. But, this team has to start drafting high upside pitching earlier than round 4-5.
    • All very good points and insights. If there was ever a chance for a three team trade now would be the time.  Mariners get - Mountcastle O’s get - one of Fedde, Eflin, Taillon, and Anderson CWS/Cubs/TB/LAA - get a top 10 org prospect from Mariners. A top 10-20 prospect from O’s. 
    • Sounds like he's waiting for Elias to recommend... anything.  I worry more and more about Elias' risk aversion. We may have an owner who wants to spend and a GM who doesn't.
    • The Jays said they’re not moving Bassitt as they look to go for it in 2025.
    • The M’s need like 6 more bats so yes they could easily use Mountcastle or even Hays..
    • For me personally, I would acquire 2 starters but the second starter isn’t necessarily a guarantee for this year. A guy like Detmers or Luzardo are examples of this. In other words, I want to make sure we get at least one starter this deal that has very good upside and multiple years of service time. If they don’t work out so be it but it’s a move I want to see. Going after guys like that also mean you are buying them at a lower price point than perhaps their talent should allow, so I want to take advantage of that. It’s obviously possible that could happen in the offseason but I just assume get it done now. As for who or what to trade, I think we need to bring in 4 pitchers and maybe a RH CFer.  I think to do that and to keep our top 4 guys, trading from the ML team makes sense, especially because of what we can bring up behind those guys. 
    • A couple things,  1. Hyde sounded like worn down himself about how the team played in the Marlins series. Upset. He said we gotta learn how to put our foot on team’s necks with a lead and not just stop scoring.  2. I would call this deadline a success if we got one of Anderson/Fedde/Taillon, Kikuchi, one of Estevez/Scott. Less would be to sub in Montas for one of the first 3 names. That would be disappointing. Awesome would be to sub in one of Skubal/Crochet for the first 3 names. 
  • Popular Contributors