7/6 Game two versus Oakland

accinfo

Just now, dtk9119 said:

Allowing the red hot playoff likely Astros to do this is one thing, the 33-57 A's is inexcusable 

They are all MLB-level hitters. If you don't pitch, you get destroyed.

1 minute ago, HowAboutThat said:

Serious question: if we DFA-Ed Tate, who would replace him? Vespi maybe, but he’s no better. McDermott is a starter, so who?

McDermott walks a zillion guys too. This team doesn't know how to teach control in the minors

1 minute ago, Uli2001 said:

They are all MLB-level hitters. If you don't pitch, you get destroyed.

I was also referring to the inept offense the last 2 days. They should have gotten minimum 3 runs in the first and this may have been a whole different game.

When we lost 108 games in 2019 we beat the 93-win Guardians 13-0 on two consecutive days. Even the worst teams run into good fortune. The Orioles won a third of their 54 games (18) by what is considered a blowout win.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Feels like 90 plus for last 6 weeks. 
    • Well let's see how Rogers looks going forward. More outings like the other day and I personally will not want him anywhere near being one of the pieces moving forward into next year. At least not part of the starting rotation. 
    • They will need definitely need a SP.    Another thing to watch is Mullins. If he is gone that means Cowser to CF. Kjerstad is not a LF in Baltimore. If Mullins stays that changes things.  
    • I don't find him annoying, but I lament missing out on Gary Thorne and Ben.  I know the ship has sailed, but that combo would have been SOLID GOLD!  Times change.  Time marches on, I get it.  It's not that I don't like Kevin, I do, but...  I guess it might be the shortness of the braise... He's still early in his career.  All I know is I haven't really missed him. I think that "Radio Guy" voice is what I'm missing.  Not the Michael Reghi, Bruce Cunningham, Ron Burghandy stuff, but as I'm an older guy now, I appreciate the lower tenor of a Jon Miller, Chuck Thompson, Gary Thorne.  Maybe if Kevin starts his voice conditioning by plowing thru 2-3 packs of Marlboro a day he'll start to get the tone where I prefer it.  Calling wise, I have no problem, but a cigar once or twice a series might help him out.
    • It is.   We've tied the all time record for 100 degree days recorded in Baltimore with 6 (last two times with 6 were 1988 and 2010).   And chances are there will be at least one more and it will break the all time record. The # of 90+ degree days is high too, though it hasn't gotten to any records yet.   But it very well could.
    • Westburg would still require a spot on the active roster. If Kjerstad is added, then someone else would have to go to make room for Westburg. Urias? Mayo?
    • I think they bring Santander they will use Heston for trade for a pitcher that is controlled and not huge salary.   If they don’t bring him back then Heston takes his spot and they pay for another starter in free agency.  I figure they have about 25-30 million they have allocated to right field and another starter just depends how they will spend it.  Now if Rubenstein wants he can pay more and keep Burnes that works too but we will see, that will just be some of the money coming off the books in Burnes   Kimbrel and maybe Mullins. 
  • Popular Contributors