Crochet trade proposal

1 hour ago, dystopia said:

I doubt Elias has any interest in Crochet at all. At least certainly not what the Sox are asking. 

I'm sure Elias has interest in Crochet as he had interest in Cease and come close to trading for Cease.  I'm sure that Elias knows what ace pitching costs and has a price he is willing to pay, which he had in Cease's case too.  I would be surprised if Elias and Getz haven't talked multiple times.

1 hour ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I'm sure Elias has interest in Crochet as he had interest in Cease and come close to trading for Cease.  I'm sure that Elias knows what ace pitching costs and has a price he is willing to pay, which he had in Cease's case too.  I would be surprised if Elias and Getz haven't talked multiple times.

Came close ?  😂 I don’t think it was ever close. 

If he’s interested in an ACE for this year that’s not Crochet due to availability. He’s already shattered he’s s innings high X5 . So at best he’s an opener  or a leverage reliever. Plus he’s an injury risk as that’s what the last 4-5 years tells you. 

So his value wouldn’t include a top 100 prospect. The Yankees are unwilling to trade the #74 prospect in a trade for him. 

there was a rumor of the Orioles interest so there is no doubt they’ve spoken. If Getz started with Holiday, Mayo, Basallo, or Kjerstad the call probably ended quickly. 

Cease ended up netting the #85 prospect in Thorpe, a relief pitcher ( noncloser) , and two young prospects that have struggled Zavala at A+ and Irarte 

So to recap ….

TRADE DETAILS
Padres receive: RHP Dylan Cease
White Sox receive: RHP Drew Thorpe (MLB Pipeline's No. 85 prospect; SD No. 5), OF Samuel Zavala (SD No. 7), RHP Jairo Iriarte (SD No. 8), RHP Steven Wilson

so Crochet and his one stellar half season shouldn’t net a Cease return

We don’t have a player in the 75-100 range …. So think Norby, Bradfield, Beavers, MecDermott, and  maybe Bryan Baker

But Sox fans will argue that’s he’s somehow worth more.

Edited by Roll Tide

11 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

If he’s interested in an ACE for this year that’s not Crochet due to availability. He’s already shattered he’s s innings high X5 . So at best he’s an opener  or a leverage reliever. Plus he’s an injury risk as that’s what the last 4-5 years tells you. 

So his value wouldn’t include a top 100 prospect. The Yankees are unwilling to trade the #74 prospect in a trade for him. 

there was a rumor of the Orioles interest so there is no doubt they’ve spoken. If Getz started with Holiday, Mayo, Basallo, or Kjerstad the call probably ended quickly. 

Cease ended up netting the #85 prospect in Thorpe, a relief pitcher ( noncloser) , and two young prospects that have struggled Zavala at A+ and Irarte 

So to recap ….

TRADE DETAILS
White Sox receive: RHP Drew Thorpe (MLB Pipeline's No. 85 prospect; SD No. 5), OF Samuel Zavala (SD No. 7), RHP Jairo Iriarte (SD No. 8), RHP Steven Wilson

We don’t have a player in the 75-100 range …. So think Norby, Bradfield, Beavers, MecDermott, and  maybe Bryan Baker

If you don't think Crochet is getting at least one, and likely more than 1 top 100 guy, your value system is extremely broken.

1 minute ago, Tryptamine said:

If you don't think Crochet is getting at least one, and likely more than 1 top 100 guy, your value system is extremely broken.

I guess he figures you'd have to give Crochet back at the end of the year.

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I guess he figures you'd have to give Crochet back at the end of the year.

No … I see a guy who has 1/2 an excellent season. Not much availability over 4-5 seasons. A guy you can’t put into the rotation due to innings limits. And the injury history wont go away until after this season. I think the chances of Elias trading for Crochet is nearly 0.

15 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

They said they expected 2 top 100 guys plus for Cease and fell way short. Do you think he’s more valuable than Cease? I can’t see how.  Doesn’t matter as I think the likelihood to the Orioles is around ZERO

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

They said they expected 2 top 100 guys plus for Cease and fell way short. Do you think he’s more valuable than Cease? I can’t see how.  Doesn’t matter as I think the likelihood to the Orioles is around ZERO

You get a whole extra season of Crochet.  I'd also say that Crochet's season looks to be on par with the best season Cease had so his value is going to be at max, as opposed to Cease who was coming off a down year.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

You get a whole extra season of Crochet.  I'd also say that Crochet's season looks to be on par with the best season Cease had so his value is going to be at max, as opposed to Cease who was coming off a down year.

192 innings in 5 years … 100+ of them this year. Too much risk… we already know he won’t reduplicate his 1st half. 

I’ll say I hope it’s not the Orioles that way overpays for this guy. 

7 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

192 innings in 5 years … 100+ of them this year. Too much risk… we already know he won’t reduplicate his 1st half. 

reduplicate?    Hmmm.

34 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

He absolutely is, that was a horrible take.

41 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

So to recap ….

TRADE DETAILS

Sure let's start Kremer in game #3 in the playoffs, I'm sure it will work this time. 🤣 Saying 2.5 years of Crochet isn't worth much doesn't make it so 

24 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I love fans that argue against their team being improved.

• Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

What pitcher would you say is worth paying up for?