2024 Draft Tracker

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Was told that George is signing or already has.    Keep in mind, you might not even see George at Delmarva until 2026.

If this is true, that's great news!  They will have signed 3 of the high schoolers they drafted.

1 minute ago, clapdiddy said:

If this is true, that's great news!  They will have signed 3 of the high schoolers they drafted.

All 4.   Layton, Tess, and Whitaker are official.

• Upvote 1

Another $305K against the pool. Curious whether Honeycutt's bonus is really going to end up under slot or whether the O's are actually going into the 5 percent overage for the first time in club history.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Based on my new calculations, without Honeycutt's slotted $, the Orioles have $188,745 remaining if they dipped into the 5% overage.  Salinas is all that remains.  Does he go to Juco or get $150,000 + what remains?

29 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

I'm amazed that the Orioles were able to sign all their HS guys WITHOUT saving big $$$ on Honeycutt.   Kudos to them for knowing what these young men wanted and getting it done.

Did we sign Honeycutt?

9 minutes ago, 86this said:

Haven't seen anything with him.

Didn’t think so.  Assuming he signs for slot but maybe his agent asked over slot because he slid?

I love the fact that we drafted and signed all 4 HS kids.  Would be nice to get Salinas too but I’d feel better if Honeycutt didn’t drag close to the deadline. 

18 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Didn’t think so.  Assuming he signs for slot but maybe his agent asked over slot because he slid?

I love the fact that we drafted and signed all 4 HS kids.  Would be nice to get Salinas too but I’d feel better if Honeycutt didn’t drag close to the deadline. 

At this point, Honeycutt's maximum signing bonus is $3,990,945?  Would he consider going back for his Sr year?

12 minutes ago, 86this said:

At this point, Honeycutt's maximum signing bonus is $3,990,945?  Would he consider going back for his Sr year?

Doubtful.  The Orioles can afford to play chicken.   Don’t they get the 23rd pick in next year’s draft if he doesn’t sign?

If teams passed on him as a Junior, he’d have to put up Condon numbers and significantly cut his strikeout numbers to go top 10 next year.   Mostly, only bad things can happen if he doesn’t sign.

13 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Doubtful.  The Orioles can afford to play chicken.   Don’t they get the 23rd pick in next year’s draft if he doesn’t sign?

If teams passed on him as a Junior, he’d have to put up Condon numbers and significantly cut his strikeout numbers to go top 10 next year.   Mostly, only bad things can happen if he doesn’t sign.

Yes, it would be next year's 23rd pick.  He should just go pro.  The sooner you prove yourself, the more bank you'll get.