I admit it--I gave up

I was doing some work at the office on a Sunday, and after the homer I was so disgusted I turned the game off, but then peaked at ESPN a few minutes later and saw that we had not given up any more runs that inning. I said to myself if we come back in the bottom half there is no way I want to miss it, so turned it back on in time to see Stowers get a hit to start the inning. Glorious.

Edited by FlaO'sFan

I was on the road and could only check the game when making a pit stop. The last pit stop coincided with Kimbrel blowing the save and I hit the road figuring the game was lost. It was great surprise to see the Orioles won it with a massive comeback just what the team needed a positive note going into the all star break.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

I guess I have to turn in my fan card, because I turned off the TV after Kimbrel gave up the homer in the 9th today.   I didn't find out that they had rallied to win until two hours later.

Am I the only one?  

No,but when I saw that they won, I did go back to the MLB app and rewind to see how they won. Does that count for anything.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

I guess I have to turn in my fan card, because I turned off the TV after Kimbrel gave up the homer in the 9th today.   I didn't find out that they had rallied to win until two hours later.

Am I the only one?  

Stayed in baseball mode all day so i can watch the next wave of Oriole prospects i can overrate starting tonight!

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I was at the game and have to say, not a lot of people left.  Many had bailed out in the middle innings due to the heat, but those who made it to the top of the 9th stayed for the bottom.   Including an extremely sizable Yankees contingent who went home VERY unhappy!   Boo hoo!

Just curious, was the ball hit by Mullins a totally catchable ball had Verdugo not misplayed it?  Watching at home when Mullins made contact, I said to myself this may have a chance. By the time the camera shifted to Verdugo, he had already come in and was stumbling to go back. 

Just now, mall-O-cup said:

Just curious, was the ball hit by Mullins a totally catchable ball had Verdugo not misplayed it?  Watching at home when Mullins made contact, I said to myself this may have a chance. By the time the camera shifted to Verdugo, he had already come in and was stumbling to go back. 

Yes.

3 minutes ago, mall-O-cup said:

Definitely catchable, though not a routine play at all. 

7 minutes ago, mall-O-cup said:

He totally misjudged it.  I had a very good view from 13 rows behind 1B.  I’ve already seen that the xBA on that hit (which doesn’t take direction into account) was only .150 based on EV and launch angle.  I’m planning to check catch probability in the morning when Verdugo’s chart populates, but I’d say that’s a 99% catch.  

Edited by Frobby
  • Upvote 1