2024 8th Round Pick (#249): Colin Tuft - C - (Jr) Tulane (LA)

1 hour ago, Surhoffan17 said:

Apparently so - Sisco, Jonah Heim, Alex Murphy (never heard of him), and Austin Wynns. 

Alex Murphy joined Omni Consumer Products' Detroit Police Department.  He went on to battle ED-209.

NEW ORLEANS – Tulane catcher Colin Tuft was picked 249th overall in the eighth round by the Baltimore Orioles on Monday afternoon on the second day of the 2024 Major League Baseball Draft.

Tuft, a catcher from Vienna, Virginia, led Tulane with 67 runs scored, 44 walks and 13 stolen bases while hitting .279 with 62 hits, 11 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs, 41 RBIs, 113 total bases, .509 slugging percentage and a .437 on-base percentage in 2024.

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2024/7/15/baseballs-tuft-drafted-in-eighth-round-by-baltimore-orioles.aspx

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Lots of underslot. Where is the saved money going?  Can’t imagine Honeycutt is getting over slot. I wouldn’t think you have to even pay him slot money.

Layton probably getting over slot.

Layton, Tess, George and Crowley are the ones I’d expect over slot due to being hs / cc and having leverage to go to school. I don’t imagine Vance will be overslot, and may be under. Tess, George and Crowley all would only get 150k without savings from the top 10 rounds, and that almost certainly wouldn’t get George or Tess (haven’t seen much on Crowley). For example - we signing Zack showalter a few years back in the 11th round for like 440k or something. 1mm in excess may mean throwing an extra 300k at those 3 later picks. 

On 7/25/2024 at 8:48 AM, Sports Guy said:

Lots of underslot. Where is the saved money going?  Can’t imagine Honeycutt is getting over slot. I wouldn’t think you have to even pay him slot money.

Layton probably getting over slot.

Weird that they seem to nickle and dime these low end guy. Guess they are trying to get one of the high school guys done and need a little more.