Hangout Night Pregame at "The Nest"

Tony-OH

What's your plan for Saturday's Hangout Night at the Yard?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What's your plan for Saturday's Hangout Night at the Yard?

• I'm going to The Nest for pre-game action AND I'll see you in the ballpark!
    • I can't make it to The Nest, but I'll see you in the ballpark!

I say there should be no kids/teens whatsoever.

Honestly, while I love that kids are so into baseball, there are times that I wish there were "Adult Only" sections - drinking, cursing, smoking, firearms, possible live roasting of meats*. That sort of thing.

* While I don't eat meat or smoke, I think the ballpark is an important place for these things. And maybe someone could bring me a veggie dog and a candy cigarette.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honestly, while I love that kids are so into baseball, there are times that I wish there were "Adult Only" sections - drinking, cursing, smoking, firearms, possible live roasting of meats*. That sort of thing.

* While I don't eat meat or smoke, I think the ballpark is an important place for these things. And maybe someone could bring me a veggie dog and a candy cigarette.

I second this. I actually sorta embarrassed myself (but hopefully not OH) last year at the Hangout Night I went to. It was against the Yankees and I had some choice words for an umpire at one point (from upper reserve which makes no sense, but I was pretty intoxicated).

Anyway, there was a family a few rows behind us and they let me have it. I really feel bad for The Wedge and Mrs. The Wedge who were sitting right next to me and had to put up with my drunkin' ass all game.

So yeah Wedge, i'll buy you a beer next time I see you at one of these things... and *try* to behave myself next time. ;)

I think i will use my birthday voucher for this game. Go O's!!!

Sweet, it'll be good to meet you.

I thought about doing that, but we're getting a bargain price at $10.00 for that section as it is (Normally $18.00). Furthermore, you would want to make sure they can somehow put you in the same section as all of us crazy people.

My job is taking me to Chicago from this Sunday (March 8) through May 2, so I won't be able to make the first OH night.

Yes, I am going to try to hit games at Wrigley and New Comisk...err...US Cellular...ey Field/Park. Whatever that stadium is called now.

I am hoping to make the May OH night, though. Have fun, guys, and cheer on dem O's!!!

Edit to say: Where will the pregame meetings be taking place this year?

We might have to throttle that list back a bit. My 10-year-old can handle a firearm and enjoys roasted meats.

Archived