Your 2009 Jim Palmer Quotables Thread

Moose Milligan

He's killing me here tonight!

Nick makes a nice diving catch and Palmer goes in a sing song voice

Juuuussst go ahead and give him the Gold Glove now...

...I'll loan him one. :laughlol::laughlol:

Earlier tonight, about Cody Ransom:

Cody ransoms always been a pretty good minor league hitter, primarily because thats where he's mostly played...

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Opening Day when Johnson bounced one, Palmer said of Zaun:

I tell ya, he handles this ball like it's a double double cheeseburger from, uh, In-And-Out Burger. Nuh-uh. Not gettin' by.

Aside: MLB.TV is fantastic this year.

Palmer is great. He had one in the top of the 8th inning I forget what he said but it had my roomie laughing. I don't see how anyone could not like Palmer. Greatest O's pitcher in our history, yeah he's a little egotistical but to rephrase what Stan Musial said when he was asked why he was always smiling, you would be happy too if you had 268 wins. Musial said the same but with a 331 BA.

My favorite Palmer quote of all time was two or three years ago. There was some pitcher who was just sucking (I don't think it was an O) and Palmer says (I'm paraphrasing):

You know, he needs to get the ball in the strike zone but not right in the middle of the plate. When I was pitching I was effective because I was just wild enough that I kept hitters off balance. But, you know, that's why I'm in the hall of fame and this guy is struggling just to be a middle reliever.

Still cracks me up when I think about it.

My favorite Palmer quote of all time was two or three years ago. There was some pitcher who was just sucking (I don't think it was an O) and Palmer says (I'm paraphrasing):

Still cracks me up when I think about it.

Hahahhaha that's Jim for you.

Archived