Should the Orioles relieve Brandon Hyde of his duties?

Deadwood Fan

When I read this stuff, I'm reminded of a poster I use to have in my office. It had a buzzard on a cliff looking over a busy highway. It was captioned - " Patience Hell, I Going To Kill Me Something!" 

IMO, even Earl couldn't win with this team right now and I watched him manage his whole career. Hyde doesn't walk on water either but he ain't the problem and firing him ain't the solution. But carry on if it makes you feel better. The tonic that soothes.

• Upvote 3

It would be stupid to do anything in season but I’d be in favor of finding someone else after this season. I get there are injuries but my rationale is mostly based on the puzzling moves he makes and the lack of fire down the stretch. That said, if he comes back it’s not the end of the world. 

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Again, just because someone has a difference of opinion does not make them idiotic. 

Look at the previous times I’ve been called an idiot for not going with group think. Mateo… Baumann over Webb… Basallo not being a top 5 prospect… Hicks… it ranges across all topics. I have my misses too. I’m not the smartest guy in the room. Clearly. Humbly admitted.

But… the group think consistently…

The homegrown bats are not above criticism. I just want to win. I don’t care if the player was drafted by us or from Mars. 

To infer that the hitters have “mailed it in” is just a really poor take.   If you want to make it sound like you’re going against group think, go ahead.  I just believe your against “think”.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Safelykept said:

Wonder how popular a certain Texas manager was last summer win that team was busy using 23 games to win 4

People keep going on about Texas last year but forget they had one of the greatest managers of all time leading them. They also had healthy solid of a rotation going into the playoffs, and had winning records in August and September. 

People like to say they got hot, what on earth right now signifies that the Orioles could get as hot as the Rangers did?

5 hours ago, Safelykept said:

Wonder how popular a certain Texas manager was last summer win that team was busy using 23 games to win 4

People mention the Rangers, but last season it’s clear that they were playing over their heads, they overperformed, and the Orioles are under performing. They really aren’t comparable.

Even with the losses from injuries that the Orioles have suffered, if the team were playing clean baseball, they would have five or six more wins than they do.

It is on the manager and his coaching staff to make sure that the team continues to play solid baseball. As a group, they aren’t. It’s pretty amazing that the entire team that is playing lousy. And that’s got to be on the coaching staff, and the manager is in charge of the coaching staff.

We don’t know how this has happened, but it has definitely happened.

Edited by HowAboutThat

1 hour ago, Orioles0615 said:

People keep going on about Texas last year but forget they had one of the greatest managers of all time leading them. They also had healthy solid of a rotation going into the playoffs, and had winning records in August and September. 

People like to say they got hot, what on earth right now signifies that the Orioles could get as hot as the Rangers did?

Yr avatar.

5 hours ago, Orioles0615 said:

1. Post was more about the ups and downs of a season, and fan reaction. 4-19 is way more cause forconcern than anything weve done this year. Who says the O's wont have a winning August or Sept. Its still in play. They could possibly have some pithing back. What signifies them as a chance to do good is same as anybody else that still in it. Was not only Texas last year, believe Arizona had some unexpected success. 

In my mind, Hyde must stay for the remainder of the season for player morale, period. And honestly for fan morale, a lot of people are rightly attached to him, he is a pretty charismatic guy.

That said, if we miss the playoffs, I expect him to be quietly sent packing during the off-season.

53 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

In my mind, Hyde must stay for the remainder of the season for player morale, period. And honestly for fan morale, a lot of people are rightly attached to him, he is a pretty charismatic guy.

That said, if we miss the playoffs, I expect him to be quietly sent packing during the off-season.

Hyde? Charismatic?

1 hour ago, allquixotic said:

I would be very surprised if we change managers--and not because of any supposed "charisma."

In terms of what will actually happen— I don’t think Hyde is even on the hot seat until a couple months into next season, at the earliest. And that’s only if things go really bad between now and then. 

• Upvote 1