Season in a microcosm

Wavetrapper

6 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Gotta say you have to be a very special type of choker to strike out with the bases loaded on a pitch that hits you.

I guess Cowser was so excited to see something besides a change up that he swung even though it was a foot inside.

I really don't know who on this roster I want back for next season. Gunner (although he completely quit on the last AB of the season), Westburg but the rest are very very mediocre.

I really think we are back in a multi year rebuild unless they triple the payroll.

This is my fear.   I think 2025 could be ugly.  Very ugly 

8 minutes ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

This is worse than 71 and 79

No, this is not nearly as bad.  We were up  3-1 in 79 with Flanagan, Palmer, and McGregor pitching the last three games.  We forgot to hit those last three games as well.   The way this team played since June, are you really surprised this happened?  Elias recently said this team lost its mojo.  I hope the makes some changes.  We really need a veteran or two with positive playoff  experience.  If we take the lead in either game, we probably win.  I felt the same way after game one in the 2014 ALCS.  This team has alot of talent even with the poor end of the season, it would be a shame to squander it.

I just can't comprehend how the 2023 team PLUS Corbin Burnes devolved into this pile of excrement. This may be a .500, non-playoff team next year. I didn't expect any sort of magical run this playoff season, but I didn't think they'd get embarrassed AGAIN on the national stage. 

This is so sad. Just look at this team? The all or nothing Orioles. We are in need of an overhaul, an adjustment of our idea of what makes a hitter good. I’m going to say some things that hurt, because I really like these guys. But it’s not good baseball, and it’s not smart construction of a competitive team. Good hitters don’t disappear for long stretches, or in big games. I like Tony, but we gotta take the pick and let him walk. you cannot go O for the postseason and call yourself a premier player (Gunnar). Cowser is so bad against anything but a fastball that it’s embarrassing. Adley? What the hell happened to Adley?

The only guy who really performed was Cedric Mullins. This team scored one run in 18 innings of post season baseball? It’s time for a good old fashioned house cleaning.