Is Tom Davis clueless?

notfast

Well, I said it twice, so I guess the third time's the charm. I listen to the sports talk radio in my area, which is Red Sox talk, broadcasting from Boston. They talk about the Minor Leaguers. Are you going to respond to this, or just keep going on about how the only reason we talk about the Minors is because our ML team has been bad?

They may talk about their minors but I would bet they don't obsess about them like what is done here.

I guess he really loved the 1998-2005 era Orioles. High priced veterans.... zero results.

Actually, I didn't even like the 97 team because they choked in the playoffs. I have not truly liked an Orioles team (as in really enjoyed them) since the 80's.

Actually, I didn't even like the 97 team because they choked in the playoffs. I have not truly liked an Orioles team (as in really enjoyed them) since the 80's.

So you didn't like them at all while they were going wire-to-wire because you knew that they were going to "choke" in the playoffs?

or

You retroactively decided to not like anything that team accomplished in the regular season after they choked in the playoffs?

;)

PS - as great at the 97 team was they were no where near as fun to root for as the 89 O's, IMO (and that team choked in the regular season).

I agree with Davis. Only a woeful team like the Orioles has fans that drool and salivate over their pretty much mundane minor league prospects, and most contending teams don't operate that way at all. Its called being talent starved and winless for so many years.:(

I guess I'm in the minority (nothing new), but I agree with #5 and Tom Davis. I'm a hugh fan of his show and never miss it. (Maybe it's a old fat guy thing... we stick together.) I interpreted Tom to mean that he's upset that many of the Os fans have written of this year and the next couple for the 2012 Dream Team which they think is going to be the magical year when DT's Calvery will arrive and the Os actually compete. Sorry, us old fat guys can't wait until then and want to cheer for the current team. We want the current team to make a go at it and are pulling for them 100%. We want a boatload of "defining moments" THIS YEAR, not 2012.

And I think the point Davis is making it is a sorry state of affairs that fans such as yourself are doing so. This is indeed a perfect example of how low the major league team has sunken.:(

So because of how "sorry the major league team has sunken," I should just be a miserable s.o.b? As opposed to being excited about the future?

Failing to understand this logic. If we were in first, and expected to compete maybe I'd understand, but we were told, we all assumed 4th or last and bringing up young guys. Forgive us for actually buying into the plan and being excited about the future.

Well, I can confidently say that thanks to the well-presented and thought-out arguments by Oldfan in this thread, I have completely changed my position on Tom Davis.

Now, I will no longer be able to take him seriously, and I refuse to watch MASN Saturday mornings or listen to 105.7 anytime he is on the air.

If Tom Davis is of the same mind as this guy, he doesn't deserve my ear.

So you didn't like them at all while they were going wire-to-wire because you knew that they were going to "choke" in the playoffs?

or

You retroactively decided to not like anything that team accomplished in the regular season after they choked in the playoffs?

;)

PS - as great at the 97 team was they were no where near as fun to root for as the 89 O's, IMO (and that team choked in the regular season).

I bolded the correct answer. Armando Benitez drove me nuts on that team.

Choked in 97?

Cleveland gave them fits during the regular season just as much as in the playoffs. Don't see how thats choking.

Well, I can confidently say that thanks to the well-presented and thought-out arguments by Oldfan in this thread, I have completely changed my position on Tom Davis.

Now, I will no longer be able to take him seriously, and I refuse to watch MASN Saturday mornings or listen to 105.7 anytime he is on the air.

If Tom Davis is of the same mind as this guy, he doesn't deserve my ear.

Who are you kidding? For my money, Howdy Doody's ear would n't deserve you!:laughlol: You must weigh your ego in tons not pounds!:eek:

• 10 years later...