Is Tom Davis clueless?

notfast

Oh, btw, they definitely read this forum. Have heard Dave Johnson use exact quotes form this forum on more than one occasion.

True, then it's usually followed by a hearty laugh at how idiotic we are and how great Eaton's stuff looked in his first two starts.

Are we just supposed to pretend that Tom Davis is still relevant?

Yeah. I used to mildly like Davis- back during the HTS days. Now- he really can get irritating.

ON the radio- he comes across oafish and dogmatic. His smiling nature comes across more fake than anything. The dude cuts people off and practically yells at them at times if they disagree with him or make a point he doesn't like. He's not very respectful on that vain, say the way that a Scott Garceau is.

Plus- he doesn't seem to have a clue. I'll never forget the night he called out Amber Theo Harris LIVE ON AIR for wearing an engagement ring during the post game show. She was so embarassed and obviously bothered by it. She said something like that, " I really didn't want that on live television, but thanks Tom."

Yeah- so I could care less what he says too.

Yeah. I used to mildly like Davis- back during the HTS days. Now- he really can get irritating.

ON the radio- he comes across oafish and dogmatic. His smiling nature comes across more fake than anything. The dude cuts people off and practically yells at them at times if they disagree with him or make a point he doesn't like. He's not very respectful on that vain, say the way that a Scott Garceau is.

Plus- he doesn't seem to have a clue. I'll never forget the night he called out Amber Theo Harris LIVE ON AIR for wearing an engagement ring during the post game show. She was so embarassed and obviously bothered by it. She said something like that, " I really didn't want that on live television, but thanks Tom."

Yeah- so I could care less what he says too.

Yeah, I...guess I didn't know any better back in the HTS days? My mom always ragged on him back then...I didn't get it, but I do now.

Whats the deal about wearing an engagement ring? Is that some broadcaster/reporter no-no? What'd he say about it?

Just turned on TV and MASN was on. He's in the middle of a rant about how he doesnt want to hear about minor leaguers in a "big league city"

He mentioned how the world champion phillies probably arent talking about whos hot in the minors and the angels arent talking about whos next.

He doesnt want the minor leagues "shoved down his throat" in a major league town.

Anyone else watching this?

I think he's completely off base. Absolutely.

I agree with Davis. Only a woeful team like the Orioles has fans that drool and salivate over their pretty much mundane minor league prospects, and most contending teams don't operate that way at all. Its called being talent starved and winless for so many years.:(

I agree with Davis. Only a woeful team like the Orioles has fans that drool and salivate over their pretty much mundane minor league prospects, and most contending teams don't operate that way at all. Its called being talent starved and winless for so many years.:(

Thats a steaming pile of horse crap.

You don't think Yankees fans are drooling over Austin Jackson? They didn't wet their pants for Joba? You didn't think the Sox fans drooled all over Pedroia and Ellsbury?

It's not like you have your fingers on the pulse of other fanbases. The only thing you have your fingers on is the 1967 spring copy of Baseball Digest.

• Upvote 1

It's called being an informed fan. Someone who actually gives a crap about the entire organisation and, tries to understand what the team is building towards.

Not, "this is a big league city and that's all we should talk about" grumble grumble...:rolleyes: