No Deal

Belkast

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think we should threaten to let him go, redraft him and offer half of what we're offering now. Two years wasted, plus the 3-5 years necessary to make it to the majors if he reaches his potential. That will cost him far more that the difference he's holding out for now.

can't redraft him next year without his consent

I still have confidence that something will get done. Getting teams to panic and do something stupid is what Boras is brilliant at. I don't believe he's not going to do right by Wieters which means in about an hour he's going to accept the offer on the table.

I still have confidence that something will get done. Getting teams to panic and do something stupid is what Boras is brilliant at. I don't believe he's not going to do right by Wieters which means in about an hour he's going to accept the offer on the table.

If Callis' report is correct, i can't imagine he will turn it down.

SG, or anyone else, with the contracts give to the other draftees, would you give in and offer up more money or stand pat.

I don't know. It's tough but I get the feeling that the damage not signing him would do doesn't just include not having his playing ability in the organization. Everyone commended us for finally doing something right and if they don't sign him our FO will be looked at 10x worse.

I hope Wieters is signed, but my interest is tempered by the fact that Wieters has never had a ML at bat and has never hit a ML curve ball.

My faith in scouts, whether in baseball or football, makes me, shall we say, an atheist. How many first round draft choices become stars? Many fewer than those who are total washouts.

Archived