Patton At It Again Tonight

BillySmith

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"At this point, he's still stretching out. We need him built up in his pitches and the percentage of quality pitches. He's making great progress," Stockstill said. "There is no rule that said if we needed him, that he couldn't be in the big leagues his next start, that's always a possibility. There are no plans now to send him to Triple-A."

Still isn't going deep enough into games. They already knew he was going to pitch well in Double-A, he did so before he got hurt.

http://www.baysox.com/players/stats/index.php?autoload=boxscore&gid=2009_05_19_altaax_bowaax_1&sportcode=aax

Shutout through 4. 3 hits, 5 k's, 0 walks. How much more does he have to do to get up here? He's been incredibly consistent and dominant.

The heck with Patton. ;) Let's talk about bringing up Snyder. He's hit his 7th HR tonight. The kid is incredible.

Good news. Hopefully Mike will give some info about his velo and the shape of his pitches.

Fastball around 86-88 MPH

Changeup around 77-79 MPH

Slider around 79 MPH

According to one source I spoke to, Patton's fastball velocity has gradually increased since spring training. Of course, prior to his surgery, he was sitting around 91-92 MPH. Encouraging stuff from Patton, I have to say. Another solid outing.

He's done now. Fredy Deza is in.

Fastball around 86-88 MPH

Changeup around 77-79 MPH

Slider around 79 MPH

According to one source I spoke to, Patton's fastball velocity has gradually increased since spring training. Of course, prior to his surgery, he was sitting around 91-92 MPH. Encouraging stuff from Patton, I have to say. Another solid outing.

He's done now. Fredy Deza is in.

Why such a short outing? What was his pitch count?

Archived