Bryce Harper: Better catching prospect than Wieters?

Sports Guy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He hit a 510 ft homerun at Tropicana Field as a FRESHMAN in high school at a national homerun derby for a showcase. I believe he also threw in the low 90's as a freshman as well. He will be making a lot of noise coming out of the draft in two years barring injury. It is highly possible he will be be a better prospect than Wieters based on how young he is and the power that he shows at his age.

Who ever drafts him will have to pony up serious cash for a high school athlete but will be well worth it.

Didn't this guy want to play for the Yankees?

Yes.

And Markakis was a Red Sox fan growing up.

I'd love to get him. The SI article indicates that he might try to be eligible for next year's draft. Maybe we should tank the rest of the season. ;)

Didn't this guy want to play for the Yankees?

Son-of-a...

He even guarantees he's going to play in The Show. There is no other plan.

"I've always wanted to put on the pinstripes," he says. "But I absolutely love Boston. I'd play anywhere, even Kansas City."

He could be catching Strasburg in Washington because I can't see them getting very much better for years. Would make good TV revenue for MASN though.

That would be pretty crazy. What a great time to be the worst team in baseball, one year you can choose arguably the best pitching draft prospect ever, then the next year you may have a shot at one of the best position prospects ever.

Archived