6/24 Orioles at Marlins, Game 2

Skywalker76

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure a lot of Wieters attempts he's had to throw guys out can be blamed on our pitchers having no clue how to hold guys on, but I really have become disheartened at how most of his throws have either been significantly late (probably the pitcher some of the time) or fairly offline. I want to see that gun we were promised!

Someone summarize what just happened for me please?

Bonifacio gets 1B on a bouncing infield single... very close call at first.

Albers puts one in the dirt, Bonifacio runs to take second, Wieters throws WIDE right of second and puts it in the outfield, Bonifacio takes third.

Bonifacio sees Felix Pie taking his good old time in the outfield with the baseball and says "Welp, I'm going home!"

Bonfacio steals home from first base.

I'm sure a lot of Wieters attempts he's had to throw guys out can be blamed on our pitchers having no clue how to hold guys on, but I really have become disheartened at how most of his throws have either been significantly late (probably the pitcher some of the time) or fairly offline. I want to see that gun we were promised!

Both those bases were stolen on Albers, especially Hanley Ramirez'.

Bonifacio gets 1B on a bouncing infield single... very close call at first.

Albers puts one in the dirt, Bonifacio runs to take second, Wieters throws WIDE right of second and puts it in the outfield, Bonifacio takes third.

Bonifacio sees Felix Pie taking his good old time in the outfield with the baseball and says "Welp, I'm going home!"

Bonfacio steals home from first base.

Thank you.

Bonafiacio at first, attempted steal of second. Wieters throw sails wide of second and into center field. Bonafacio runs to third. Pie gets the ball casually. Double clutches several times while lazily taking his time returning the ball to the infield. Bonifacio sees this at third base and just decides to take the last 90 feet for free.

Boneheaded amateur baseball.

Guys. I basically really need to know what happened that was so exciting. :P

Bonifacio steals 2nd, Wieters throws the ball into CF. Pie picks it up and holds it, allowing Bonifacio to round 3rd and score before he can get it back in.

I think that is pretty much the reason.. That last throw on Hanley was a great throw. Guys are getting pretty big jumps.

Archived