The decline in our OF defense is on display

Frobby

Nick boofed the pooch tonight vs Anaheim. Well, he and Roberts did.
Roberts and Markakis staring at one another while a pop up fell in and the Angels scored the go ahead run.

Pathetic.

Well, DT called out Pie during the FL series. Perhaps it's only fair if he calls out Kakes and BRob tonight in his presser?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was a result of a lack of hustle. No sense of urgency on either one of their parts. Winning players do not play that way.

Roberts has been a part of losing culture and although he's a good player, I wonder if he's part of the problem. Although Nick should have totally called him off on that ball, his non-chalant manner on that play spoke volumes to me in a 4-4 ball game.

If I am Trembley - I would take both Nick and Brian and put them both on the bench for the rest of the night. That was inexcusable!!

I just figured they got confused by the red hats and thought they were supposed to be helping the Angels

Palmer said that Roberts "let the ball play him" as he has seen him do on balls like that in the past. That said, Markakis should have called him off and taken that ball.

Yeah, I think they are both to blame. Markakis should have been there to make that play. Instead he laid back assuming Roberts would make the play. Roberts should be in position to make the play until he is called off by Markakis. He never was- the ball should have bee caught.

Bottom line - If these 2 players are going to be part of the core that makes this team a competitive one in the future - They better change the way they approach the game. INEXCUSABLE

Roberts has been a part of losing culture and although he's a good player, I wonder if he's part of the problem. Although Nick should have totally called him off on that ball, his non-chalant manner on that play spoke volumes to me in a 4-4 ball game.

Completely agree. If they are going to be a part of the core of players that are going to make this team a competitive one - they are going to have to change the way they approach the game.

This says it all. I have to say that this team really lacks a leader on the field. They need someone to "show" them how to win.

EDIT: Also...the error that Roberts made was a "non-chalant" type of error as well. He should have gotten a sure out and not sideway underhand that ball to second. He had time to straighten up and make a good throw.

Well, DT called out Pie during the FL series. Perhaps it's only fair if he calls out Kakes and BRob tonight in his presser?

It would be fair, but life isn't fair.

I'm sure DT will address the play, but I seriously doubt he says anything about either franchise cornerstone that's spicy enough to start a whole thread around here.

I like Brian, but sometimes it looks as if he embarrassed by the losing, embarrassed to be playing with the Orioles. I know he signed an extension and that's probably not the case, but sometimes it appears to be the case.

Pretty lousy showing tonight. The front 4 have not been impressive for over a month. Sure, every now and then one of them will get a key hit, but as a group over the past month.... not much to get excited about. We could be faced with the possibility that when our first class pitching kiddie-corps finally shows up, we'll have lousy hitting and poor defense.

Why is it that when so many supposedly top athletes get long term contracts they immediately go downhill? Is this what we have to look forward to until the end of their contracts? Or maybe the O's shouldn't allow their players to have kids or get married. Hey- maybe home cooking is the reason we lose so many home Sunday games! Maybe the O's should lock up their players in hotels before every day game!!

Usually I am frustrated when the Orioles lose, but this team absolutely deserves it. Players like Roberts, Markakis and their attitudes will keep this team in the mire until they are traded. My goodness, what bad have we done to deserve such horrifyingly bad baseball? The swoon has begun...

They are two lazy, complacent, me players with big long term contracts and zero leadership qualities. There is no excuse for not playing defense, ever!!

This is a bit over the top, but I do agree that these two guys are not leaders. In that respect, I'm glad we didn't get Teixiera, because he's not a leader, either.

Lackadasical, uninspired play is one way to get this O's fan to start not watching games, though. I am the most die-hard fan there is, but I can find better things to do with my time than watching a team that has no clue (and doesn't seem to want to find one) on how to win.

Oh...and....BLOW IT UP!

Archived