Orioles looking into trading Pie and Salazar

My O's Face

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The question is, does Fields fill that area?

Maybe, maybe not.

I can see where you are going and its not a bad line of thinking at all and if the Orioles are going to continue to waste the talent of Pie, then I guess you make the deal...But will Fields come here and start? And, as was said, how does trading Pie for Fields help the roster crunch?

First Felix has to find the talent of Pie first. The move is made to set up 2010 and give Reimold the needed bats for the rest of 2009. It wouldn't surprise me to see Wiggington traded to someone also.

First Felix has to find the talent of Pie first. The move is made to set up 2010 and give Reimold the needed bats for the rest of 2009. It wouldn't surprise me to see Wiggington traded to someone also.

Wigginton traded makes the most sense, just because he and Salazar are redundant, and Salazar is cheaper and under control for longer.

You mean, those 4 extra at-bats he gets from missing one game a week? He is playing nearly everyday.

Good post that seems to be overlooked.

Fields would seemingly stay on our roster so we'd have to make another move to bring Izturis back. Unless we were sending over another piece with Pie.

I'm guessing if we get Fields back that Salazar will be DFA'd.

But you really can't put Fields down for anything more than a UTI player...He doesn't deserve to be a starter...Now, if you could get him for Baez and cash, go for it...But I don't think I would deal Pie for him.

It should be Mora. We can live with Wiggington and Salazar at 3B and Mora looks done.

I don't think there's anyway they release Mora. He's been too good of an Oriole and too loyal to this organization. He'll be allowed to finish out his contract.

That being said, there is something I don't understand. If they are looking to trade one of them because they need to make room for Izturis, then what would they do with Fields if they traded Pie for him?

Maybe...Mora looked done last year at this time and then went on his tear.

I think he deserves to see what he can do until mid August.

Losing Salazar would be meaningless...I like the guy and he has value and should be able to stay in the majors for a long time as a bench player but he is a dime a dozen player.

Uggh, you can't be serious? Mid-August, his OPS is dropping like a rock everyday. He can't get on base and has 9 extra base hits this year.

Who and how do you know that? The 3 players that have played first, Huff, Salazar and Wigginton are not good over there at all...They have no range.

So we're about even. You don't know Scott can play a better first base and I don't know that Huff/salazar/wiggy are better than him.

I just think the point is moot because I don't think we'll start him often enough to be playing Pie everyday in left.

Gheez...we get a HOT rookie left fielder and maybe the best DH in the league this season and people want to limit their at bats for someone that hasnt showed much (and im not saying hes not talented or hasnt had the chances...)

I'm guessing if we get Fields back that Salazar will be DFA'd.

Which kinda defeats the purpose of trading one. I mean I know they wanna get a piece back, but they need the roster space and rather the DFA and risk someone picking them up, they'd wanna get something back in a trade. So in that case... you risk Salazar, you give up Pie... and all you get is Fields?

That's a horrible idea.

I've said this in about 4 different threads and I'll say it one more time: San Diego makes a ton of sense as a destination for Felix Pie...and they have a glut of third base prospects. Win-win. Throw in someone like Zagone or another lower level pitching prospect if you must.

If we won't go to a four man rotation, I vote to move Wiggy for a minor leaguer. Pie could be a great 4th OF for this team. Salazar can handle the PH and UTL roles just fine, especially at his salary.

Uggh, you can't be serious? Mid-August, his OPS is dropping like a rock everyday. He can't get on base and has 9 extra base hits this year.

Again, Mora looked done at this time last year...He has given this team a lot...I don't think it is so unreasonable to give him another 60 at bats or so to see if he can turn things around.

Again, Mora looked done at this time last year...He has given this team a lot...I don't think it is so unreasonable to give him another 60 at bats or so to see if he can turn things around.

You are talking about giving him 5 more weeks. I understand your point, I disagree. I think he should be making 2-3 starts a week. He was a really good player for the franchise, but we should be seeing more of other players, including Pie. Huff to 3rd, Scott to 1B, Reimold DH, Pie LF.

Archived