8 teams after Sherrill!

bluedog

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I presume you didn't see the HR Lidge gave up to Mark Reynold's last night.

Of course GS wouldn't close for the Phils, but there's nothing like a little panic to motivate a contender.

I assume you are not aware Lidge is 0-4 6.81 era 43 hits in 37 innings.

Saying you never really liked Cal is a good way to get a lot more people hopeful that your brother gets traded.

Who cares? I don't have anything to hide.

So because I don't like Cal, and because GS is a huge OU fan, does that make you suspect too?

We need Sherril though... I really would hate to see us deal him. Jimmy J won't cut it as our closer...

Apart from the last few games, what have you seen from Johnson in the last season and a half that makes you be so categorical that he can't cut it as a closer? His stuff is good, he has showed that he can pitch effectively for multiple consecutive games, and he has been pitching in high leverage situations since the start of 2008.

You can't find a better finishing school for closers than the role of the 8th-inning setup guy.

I think that there are other options in the system. I would like to see Mickolio get a shot as a late-inning reliever. And there is this guy named Chris Ray...

But Johnson is the obvious choice.

Put it this way: he has better closer credentials than Sherrill did when he arrived in 2008, and that has turned out pretty good.

So because I don't like Cal, and because GS is a huge OU fan, does that make you suspect too?

When you said that you "never really liked the [Orioles]", were you saying you didn't like the players on the team or just didn't like the team itself? In other words, is your issue that you just have never been a fan of the Orioles particularly or is it deeper and you don't like either the players or the management of the Orioles? Just curious, since you do have an inside view.

BTW, I don't think you should become a fan just because your brother pitches here. Moreover, it isn't like the atmosphere at the ballpark or the play of the team is so inspiring to make you a fan if you weren't one to begin with.

I obviously should have put one of these after my comment: :)

It wasn't meant as it came across. Just saying someone doesn't like Cal on most Oriole sites, is like saying Adrian Peterson wasn't any good on an OU site. It usually gets the natives riled up.

All these teams must GO AWAY:angryfire:

Cindy, I know you like our current players, but wouldn't you prefer to put a team around Roberts that has a chance to win a world series rather than just keep the same guys here who have led us to over a decade of losing?

I guarantee that Roberts would prefer a ring and I don't mean a wedding ring.

Why is that? Not everybody liked Ripken.

I hope he stays as he's got a lot of insight. I could care less what he thought about Ripken or the Orioles in general...

Why? Once his bro is gone he doesn't really add much to O's discussion. This is not meant to be a shot at him just the way I see it. I couldn't care less if he liked the orioles, cal Ripken, or any other Ripken for that matter, his insight came in the form of gs news and he's been great in that aspect but if GS isn't here then why should we care if his bro sticks around when he's clearly not a fan. Again no disrespect meant by anything I said.

When you said that you "never really liked the [Orioles]", were you saying you didn't like the players on the team or just didn't like the team itself? In other words, is your issue that you just have never been a fan of the Orioles particularly or is it deeper and you don't like either the players or the management of the Orioles? Just curious, since you do have an inside view.

BTW, I don't think you should become a fan just because your brother pitches here. Moreover, it isn't like the atmosphere at the ballpark or the play of the team is so inspiring to make you a fan if you weren't one to begin with.

Just never have been a fan of the O's. Always have been a Cubs and Blue Jays fan -- so my only years of recourse are '92 and '93.

I think Sherrill will go, it'd be great to get Wood, i'm sick of melvin mora. But how far is Jim Miller from being our closer? He represented the Tides in the AAA ASG. Maybe next year?

Miller isn't a long term option for the Orioles. He isn't even Norfolk's best reliever. Miller will never set foot in the Orioles' closers role.

Archived