8 teams after Sherrill!

bluedog

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really don't see how Sherrill stays here.

Too many teams with good prospects want him.

Bell and Elbert

Wood and Smith

Taylor

Those are the deals I am after if I am AM. Let's hope AM doesn't overplay his hand.

I don't see how he stays here either. There just has to be some discussion about these players coming back in return for Sherrill.

I too am in the belief that Sherrill will be the only one leaving (if he's even traded at all) with possibly Baez for a lesser deal.

We need Sherril though... I really would hate to see us deal him. Jimmy J won't cut it as our closer...

We do not need Sherrill. Last place teams in rebuilding mode don't need a top closer. Having Sherrill is nice, but we need a 1b and a 3b.

Guest BrettMeister86

1) Taylor + and I'm going back to the marble quarry to build Andy's statue. Who is with me??

2) So here is a question for everyone, if he is moved and we get our stud 1B/3B do they sit in AA/AAA the rest of the year or do the O's say hey lets mix this guy right in with our young stars and see how things go. If its Wood or Taylor I see bring em up! If its Bell, he can stand a half season before being called up for ST. Thoughts?

3) JJ is not a closer I'd try and groom Kam for our next closer.

We need Sherril though... I really would hate to see us deal him. Jimmy J won't cut it as our closer...

Johnson most certainly can step in and fill the role of Sherrill. You trade your hottest chip right now to fill other areas that are over-exposed.

Sherrill is replaceable.

A quality closer on the 2nd to worst team in baseball, or a young, long term solution at third base? Really nothing to even think about here. IF, and that's a big IF, but IF MacPhail gets offered a young third baseman for Sherrill, he's got to pull the trigger.

Archived