8 teams after Sherrill!

bluedog

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This from the mlbtraderumors comments on Sherrill:

The Dodgers AAA pitcher in Albuquerque was supposed to start tonight and was scratched just before game time.... Just thought some of you may find that interesting.

Posted by: Baseballfan23 | July 29, 2009 at 08:50 PM

Sorry, I forgot his name. That's Scott Elvert that was scratched at the last minute.

Looked it up and Elbert last pitched on July 24 and was scratched tonight, he is not pitching ... am I reading too much into this. Dewitt and Bell are both in the lineup tonight!!!

This from the mlbtraderumors comments on Sherrill:

The Dodgers AAA pitcher in Albuquerque was supposed to start tonight and was scratched just before game time.... Just thought some of you may find that interesting.

Posted by: Baseballfan23 | July 29, 2009 at 08:50 PM

Sorry, I forgot his name. That's Scott Elvert that was scratched at the last minute.

Looked it up and Elbert last pitched on July 24 and was scratched tonight, he is not pitching ... am I reading too much into this. Dewitt and Bell are both in the lineup tonight!!!

Definitely interesting.

Is Sherrill still out there spitting seeds?

Well, they didn't scratch Bell or Dewitt, it tells me that it is close enough that they didn't want to take a chance on Elbert, but are comfortable in the position players.

I think it's normal to let position players play. They tend to be cautious with pitchers, especially ones with past injury issues.

Bell & Elbert would be a nice return for Sherrill.

Apologies if this has been to discussed already...

Bell is a 3B....good reports on this kid? Looks to be hitting pretty well in AA right now...Decent OBP and OPS.

The only downer is his splits against lefties ... Just over .200 & 1 homer of his 11. He would need to improve against lefties to be a everyday player. I'm told (by guys on here)he hasnt always struggled against lefties...Just this year.

Archived